 Off-Topic / Debate / 16489
Re: Bush Knew?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 17:37:49 GMT

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/columnists/orl-edpparker19051902may19.column

That columnist is way to flip for me -- and it seems quite clear that she is
some kind of Bush apologist, from this and other occasions people have
called attention to her work.

But here is the thing -- I really don't give a damn about Bin Laden or
Afghanistan if our president, the intelligence community, the national
aviation whatever, etc. cannot get their acts together.  First and foremost
I think we require REAL safety at home before we go off half-cocked and
start a war in a foreign land.  Real safety probably has nothing to do with
sacrificing rights to privacy or any other liberty guaranteed us -- it has
to do with respect for what things are and what they can do.

If a plane is a kind of flying bomb, or can be used that way, and they knew
about it several weeks in advance -- I am stunned that nothing was done.
Nothing of value has been done yet!  Given those facts I have to wonder if
my goals as a citizen are the same as those of the man that purports to be
the highest law enforcement agent in this country.

If Bush cannot keep the peace, I say he has failed in his primary duty as
president. Anybody can drop bombs on a badly outclassed third world country.
He should be so proud.

-- Hop-Frog