 Off-Topic / Fun / 3203
Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:38:25 GMT

First off, thanks to Mark for his compliments on my reviews!

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
Hey fellow Adventurers I have an idea for a cool posting subject.  What are
the all time greatest adventure themed movies?

I've racked my brains to come up with some good ideas that haven't already been
mentioned.  The only thing I can come up with is Disney's 20,000 Leagues (with
James Mason as Nemo).  It would be quite cool to see a rendition of his
Nautilus plus have some Pirate ships that can be attacked by the sub.

Other interesting (though not Adventurer-related) stuff that comes to mind is:
Jason and the Argonauts - lots of great stuff for a fantasy-related theme
(greek temple, island with Telos giant, etc.)
Jack the giant killer - I'd like to see someone re-do the mill where Jack kills
the first giant
plus any of the three Harryhausen Sinbad movies (mainly for monsters)

..joseph g