 Off-Topic / Debate / 5316
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:05:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
[...]
But why are product developers and marketers so dense that they're
willing to tick off 10% of their market on product usability issues?

Manual pencil sharpeners, table settings, fast food fry scoops, older-style
doorknobs, pens and pencils with writing on them, the vast majority of
scissors, can openers (a la Simpsons), most water fountains, desks, paper
cutters, most versions of the allegedly "ergonomic" computer mouse and
trackball--the list goes on.

However, if you ever happen to find yourself travelling in Britain, rent
yourself a car with a manual transmission.  The stick shift will be on the
left side. :D

I've never had a problem with using a mouse with my right hand, though.  In
fact, I find it enormously convenient if I happen to be writing at the same
time - both hands are occupied, leading to great efficiency.

About a dozen years ago, after getting fed up with burning my knuckles
trying to use the fry scoop built for the right hand, I half-heartedly
mentioned to a supervisor that the company's use of anti-lefthanded
paraphenalia was discriminatory.  He replied: "No it's not; there are more
righties than lefties."  Well then.  That explains everything.

Boink!!

    Dave!

Ian!!  <g>