 Off-Topic / Debate / 5289
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:14:06 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

   Interesting thoughts.  I'll have to go look at some of my lefty-
   lore (I have a bit of it at home) and see what I come up with.
   I did get a bunch of left-handed paraphernalia when I was a teen,
   including a notebook (useful only if I write in Arabic, unfortunately)
   some scissors, and a few other goodies (and a subscription to the
   lefthanders' magazine, which I think is still out there).  They
   were really more like oddities to me, because I've largely given
   in to the right-handed world on everything but writing and drawing.
   I even pitch right-handed.

You know, I never though much about this, but I pitch right and bat left - I'm
sure that confused people in grade school ;-)

Strangely enough, a LOT more than 10% of the people I know are left-handed.
Something about my interests in general just seem to appeal to a larger percentage
of southpaws than "normal".

In middle/high school, our Talented and Gifted classes (they changed names almost
yearly) had an unusually high percentage of southpaws.  Well over 50% some years.

I wonder if MENSA has stats on handed-ness?  (I never joined, they just seemed too
snooty to me, and when I would have joined, the youngest person besides me would
have been at least a decade older, so most wouldn't have had interests that
interested me at the time).

[Well, the above certainly looks snooty to me, but oh well, I don't know how else
to state it.]