 Off-Topic / Debate / 5275
Re: PCisms (was :Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 11:01:40 GMT

It may be small beer, but after more than a decade of PC crap, you can still drown
in it.  I thought we had mostly gotten past the PC Cop stage in the world in
general.  One place I did not expect to see it, nor WANT to see it, was on Lugnet.

Lugnet is sort of a refuge from RTL, and the world represented there.

While many will not agree with me (and I certainly don't care if they do or not), I
put "people who seem to live for PC"  *AT* the level of racists - they want to
extend just as much control over others (just less physically violently - but often
much more legally violently).  And I want a refuge from racists AND PC Zealots.

And to ME, the word/verb GYP and WELSH are NOT racist.  Using the word Jew as a
verb, however, is.  Some will agree with me, some will not, I care not either way.
Just don't expect me to stay quiet if you (this is the Public You, not You as in
Larry) go into Lecture Mode.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

- One thing to note, though, this is extremely small beer even in the small
pond that is Lugnet, much less in the wider societal context.

++Lar

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/