 Off-Topic / Debate / 5259
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:41:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera writes:

You should really
really read the book and you will fell that the movie was a jip!

A lot of people aren't aware of this, but the phrase "to gyp" someone is
actually a racist slur against gypsies, just as the term "to jew" someone is a
slur against, well, jews.

I know you probably weren't aware of this, because most people aren't, but you
might want to re-evaluate the term's place in your vocabulary accordingly.

thanks,

eric