 Off-Topic / Debate / 5288
Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:06:50 GMT

Ah, but the defenders coming DOWN would be better off being right-handed - so I
guess you'd start hating southpaws if you were defending ;-)

Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

One supposed explanation of why left handed is bad is if you think about
troops in a shield wall, and how badly such a formation would be messed
up by a left hander.

  Only if the rest of the wall is made up of those goofy right-handers I keep
hearing about!
  On the other hand (!) to use another period example, a lefty fighting his
way up a spiral staircase would be at an advantage, since such stairways
spiral counter-clockwise and thereby pin the swordarm of northpaws...

     Dave!