 Off-Topic / Debate / 20464
Re: WMD, again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:32:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
How about right in the preamble, "provide for the common defense",

The preamble has no force in law, it is used only as support for
interpretting the intent of the legislators. This is similar to how the
titles of particular statutes are handled.

And if you think the word "defense" means invading a non-nuke capable
country thousands of miles away from U.S. soil, then I guess we will have to
agree to disagree on what that word means.

This was an unnecessary war that we could ill afford -- your grandkids will
still be paying it down decades from now.  Do you "pay" for everything in
your private life via debt? Not smart.

Shrub is an idiot.  He's not qualified to handle matters of foreign policy
with any greater finesse than that provided by a bludgeon.  He has
essentially ignored domestic policy except to try and pass more legislation
to help himself and his extravagantly wealthy buddies from having to pay
taxes on the money they extort from the rest of us through misleading
corporate financial reports.  See: http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml

They are all of them insiders.  Most of us are outsiders.  Simple as that.

-- Hop-Frog