 Off-Topic / Debate / 20487
Re: WMD, again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:23:03 GMT

This was an unnecessary war that we could ill afford -- your grandkids will
still be paying it down decades from now.  Do you "pay" for everything in
your private life via debt? Not smart.

Shrub is an idiot.  He's not qualified to handle matters of foreign policy
with any greater finesse than that provided by a bludgeon.  He has
essentially ignored domestic policy except to try and pass more legislation
to help himself and his extravagantly wealthy buddies from having to pay
taxes on the money they extort from the rest of us through misleading
corporate financial reports.  See: http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml

Again here we must agree to disagree, I think Bush has done a great job of
cleaning up the messes the previous administration left. North Korea's
nuclear program, thanks to Bill Clinton’s foreign policy; Bin Laden never
seriously pursued after the first attack on the world trade center, the
attack on the USS Cole, and the attack on our African Embassy; No serious
commitment to stop Husein from developing WMD’s, just a few cruise missiles
launched; not to mention the whole Somalia incident. I am grateful everyday
that AlGore did not win in 2000.

As for the economy and domestic policy, first I have always believed that
the “dot bomb” situation that largely led to the softening of the stock
market was started by Janet Reno’s case against Microsoft. This downward
trend began well before Bush ever took the oath of office. As for debt, I
live in California, where all top state office are held by Democrats, and
this state now has a deficit larger than all other states combined. No I
don’t like debt, and when that debt grows out of proportion with the GDP we
have a problem. However, if you say that my grandkids are going to be paying
for this war, you also must say the same of the prescription drug program,
and the AIDS relief given to Africa. I wish congressmen on both side of the
aisle would begin to show some fiscal restraint, but I haven’t seen much.