 Off-Topic / Debate / 20484
Re: WMD, again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:07:25 GMT

In that case I'd probably be more kindly disposed to at least one
Christian (thereafter referred to as my benefactor)!

A-ha!  If *I* did send a windfall your way, no way would I take credit-- I'd
sign the card "from God, to Dave!" :-)

Does He have to use stamps, or does he just create the card in my mailbox?

Whoa, you lost me.  Are you saying that it is possible for an Atheist to accept
the existence of a God?

I think so (though not for me personally).  I think the deal is that the
atheist doesn't worship the god in question.  Maybe this analogy would work:  I
believe in (ie, accept the existence of) Christianity, but I don't follow it.

I think you are confusing atheism, which is to not believe in any god or
spiritual entity like gogs, with agnostism.  Agnostic people just don't care
for religion, but they may believe or not that a God exists.  As for you,
who believes in Christian religion but doesn't follow it, I think you are a
believer, just not a practicing believer.

Terry