 Off-Topic / Debate / 195
Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:53:47 GMT

And don't get me started on Jesus. Third hand eyewitness accounts just
aren't much use in proving things.

Oh, I am quite satisfied he existed, just not as or in the fashion as
described in the bible. Artistic license is possibly the best way to
describe the acts and miracles with which he is attributed.
The absence of him having been recorded by the Romans is significant?
(I heard that he was never mentioned).
I would suggest that, yes, he did exist, but was more than likely
no more than a benevolent, kind individual, whom later generations, and
some of the time, suggested him as a messiah. The type of individual
appears throughout history, 2 modern examples being Gandhi and Martin
Luther King Jr. The example I am trying to portray being that of an
individual fighting the suppression of his people by another power.
The philosophies expoused by them were of peace and religion. The
Romans would no doubt have thought him to be a subversive, and treated
him as such. (As had happened.......)
Am I making sense? Is the point I am trying to make clear?

I hope that the belivers of Christ would not be offended by this analysis,
though I am sure even questioning it is likely to rub some the wrong way.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/