 Off-Topic / Debate / 196
Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:05:30 GMT

Christianity is the dominant belief in the world today (1).  Until it is • the
only belief, or is completely extinguished, Christians will always be
ridiculed somewhere(2).

I would beg to differ on that point. I think the various flavours of
Buddhism
would just pip Christianity to the post. 1 billion+ Chinamen, 120 million or
so SEast Asians, a fair number of Japanese, Indians, etc. Anyway......

Has anyone heard of Cao Daism?? (Not sure of the spelling....)

An unusual religion, in that it combines the philosophies of Christianity,
Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Lao-Tze-ism, possibly
Judaism...
Exists in Viet Nam. It is a modern religion, the notion being to create the
"perfect" religion, by combining all of the aspects of the religions of east
and west. Had been to one of the temples in Da Nang, and was fascinated by
it,
but did not find the answers I sought. The description of the religion by a
wizened old Chinese priest (complete with that long, pointy beard!) left me
a bit cold.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/