 Off-Topic / Fun / 885
Re: Larritarians of the world, unite.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:26:18 GMT

Don't fall on your sword too hard. It made me smile, then think "gee,
probably not too sensitive of me to smile, was it?"

I'm sorry I brought it up too.

Gary is gone, there is nothing we can do to change that. Friendship is
not a measurable quantity, and friends are not fungible. Each
relationship is unique. Nothing can replace the friendship I had with
Gary. But knowing that I have lots of other friends in the AFOL
community certainly helps, and laughing in the face of death, even if it
is a bit tasteless of a joke, helps too.

As I said before in a previous post, there's nothing funny about death
except our ability to laugh in its face and defy it by being human. But
being human, our sense of what is funny and what isn't varies from
person to person. Within reason, we should accept that.

No more on this particular thread from me, I hope. (now when have I said
THAT before?)

++Lar