 Off-Topic / Debate / 145
Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:45:14 GMT

Perhaps you need to examine your own feelings... are you that paranoid
about Christianity that you need to jump on people that point out that
they aren't? Cast in the light I just shed, aren't your remarks really
rather silly?

No, I just didn't think it was called for or necessary in a discussion about
LEGO trains.  And regarding the off-topic threads on your beliefs, I wasn't
even aware they were going on since I don't normally read the off-topic
newsgroup.

Maybe I am paranoid, or maybe I'm just proud of why I -- a Christian -- even
have a holiday called CHRISTMAS.  Deal.

And I in turn thought your post was uncalled for as well. Please don't
pass judgement on my conduct, thanks, especially in a backhanded way
like the above. Next you'll be telling me I can't put "I'm a
Libertarian" in my signature either.

Larry, people pass judgement on your conduct, and mine as well, everyday we
live on this earth.  Heck, Christians get slammed, blasted and mischaracterized
as much as anyone out there.  You opened yourself up to this by feeling it was
necessary to include that footnote in a message about Christmas Trains.  And, I
really do mean what I said.  I've always valued your comments about LEGO,
trains and other hobby-related discussions.  You've always exercised good
judgement in taking discussions about your personal beliefs and your status as
a Libertarian to other discussion groups -- until now.

Anyway, I can't speak for other people with SIGS, but I make it a point not to
voice or interject my personal beliefs in discussions unrelated to those
beliefs.

Thanks,
Steve Berry