 Off-Topic / Debate / 151
Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:14:59 GMT

I have to side with Larry on this one. He's building a <Christmas> Lego Train,
why can't he add a footnote to explain why he's building a Christmas train
even >though he doesn't believe in the Christ part? Sure, if that had been the
topic
of the post, it would have been a bit out of place in the train group, but it
wasn't the topic, it was just a footnote.

Matt,

No offense, but could you be taking Larry's side on this because he comes
close to your own ideological stance on this issue? Or, is it because, as you
say, footnoting something divisive in a Trains newsgroup is o.k.?

Thanks,
Steve Berry