 Off-Topic / Debate / 193
Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 05:16:19 GMT

Steve Jacquot wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I am quite satisified that the impossibility of a god existing has been
proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. And most(1) theists agree. After
all, they state that one must put aside logic and take things on faith,
that their god admits of no logical analysis.

I'm gonna retract this, it was said hastily. It's difficult to prove or
disprove the existence of out of system things starting from within a
system. But I'll say that I've personally satisfied myself of the
implausability of the Christian god, as he doesn't fit into the system
of observed natural laws which successfully predict so much else, nor is
he necessary for the universe to exist, and I don't take things on
faith.

And don't get me started on Jesus. Third hand eyewitness accounts just
aren't much use in proving things.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.