 Off-Topic / Debate / 12274
12273  |  12275
Subject:
Cuba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:26:44 GMT

Okay, here's a new thread just for this topic...

As I said before, I don't think it's valid to argue that Communism doesn't
work in Cuba because of some inherent flaw in Communism itself. Cuba is
under the yolk of heavy sanctions that have prevented the nation from
prospering. Therefore, I think it's more of an issue of Communism NOT BEING
ALLOWED TO WORK rather that Communism not working at all.

The best example of a failed attempt at Communism is the former U.S.S.R.

I also added that the sanctions serve no idealistic political purpose (i.e.
someday bring Democracy to Cuba). The sanctions are intended to bring down
Cuba so that the country may once again be exploited by wealthy foreigners.
That is my view on the matter.

Dan