 Off-Topic / Debate / 12302
Re: Cuba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:43:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
I'm not being bullheaded, I'm just pointing out your inconsistency.

Well, you have ignored the basic point I tried to make in favor of
complaining about and nitpicking my exact wording.

I fail to see how calling you on the logical equivalent "It is the US's
fault" vs. "It's not the US's fault" can be called nitpicking your exact
wording. Rather it's pointing out glaring inconsistency at a basic level.

Just admit you slipped up and move on.

If you then take refuge in calling me names, so be it.

I said that to describe your behavior, not your person.

Ah, THAT red herring. You tried that before with someone else and it didn't
work then either.

OK, suppose I say your posts are sloppy and poorly worded and show signs of
a lack of critical thinking, as well as evidence that you don't grasp basic
concepts of logic, and an inability to admit you're wrong about things
unless you're directly shown to be wrong, and sometimes not even then.
That's your behaviour, not your person, by the way, so I'm not calling you
names.

Buy it?

No, commenting on behaviour is commenting on the person. Unless you're
claiming my posts are bullheaded but I'm reasonable. Which is a solipsism I
can see you indulging yourself in but that doesn't make it any less fallacious.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and by the way, what exactly do you mean by "the complaint department is
now closed"? I wasn't aware you were the forum moderator.