 Off-Topic / Debate / 12307
Re: Cuba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:09:03 GMT

Communism has failed each and every time it or anything like it was tried.

Show me a case where the baseline statement of communism has failed (or been
followed either!)

`From each according to Ability, To Each According to Need'

The closest to what I view of communism is either kibitz's (if I can spell that
right...), or the Military in the NCM ranks...I still doubt that "True"
communism is possible (or desireable), but I do view it as better than
capitalism or libertarism(?).  I do view an elected (democratic) government as
being vitally important to the process of government, since one should have to
rely on the will of the people to be able to govern them.

James Powell