 Off-Topic / Debate / 12297
Re: Cuba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:47:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Larry, I'm not back-pedaling on any of my statements or trying to water them
down. The sanctions have a PROFOUND effect on Cuba's economy. By imposing
sanctions, America is not ALLOWING Communism to work in the country.

Example: Imagine if Hawaii tried Libertarianism and got smacked with an
embargo and potentially lost billions of dollars in trade and tourism
annually. How logical would it be to say "See, Libertarianism doesn't work"?

That's my point. Why are you being so bull-headed?

I'm not being bullheaded, I'm just pointing out your inconsistency. If you
then take refuge in calling me names, so be it.

Square

"I never said in a general way that it's America's fault."

with

"By imposing sanctions, America is not ALLOWING Communism to work in the
country."

please...

or admit you were being inconsistent or that you misspoke or something
involving you making some kind of mistake. But you cannot have it both ways.
If we're not *allowing* communism to work isn't it our *fault* that it isn't
working? If not, what is it that you are asserting?