 Off-Topic / Debate / 12327
Re: Cuba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:50:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
<snip>

I'm fairly happy with the accuracy of my characterization: you made a
statement placing the entire blame for Cuba's woes here with the US instead
of with their failed system, when challenged, you denied you did so and said
that you had said something diametrically opposite, and when presented with
the evidence of your words you wiggled away by trying to shift the
discussion to the faults of your accuser.

This is standard tactics on your part(1) and it's why I have to view
everything you say with a great deal of suspicion. If you habitually
misstate the truth, habitually change your statements of opinion, and only
admit you are factually wrong after great prodding, why should anyone
believe any assertion you make about anything?

I'm done.

1 - I believe it is a favorite tactic of propaganda ministers as well, but I
digress.

++Lar