 Off-Topic / Debate / 12309
Re: Cuba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:28:42 GMT

I fail to see how calling you on the logical equivalent "It is the US's
fault" vs. "It's not the US's fault" can be called nitpicking your exact
wording. Rather it's pointing out glaring inconsistency at a basic level.

You are the king of obfuscation, Larry. You turn people's comments in every
direction and ignore the core of the argument.

Just admit you slipped up and move on.

Of course, I already said that in the post before this (which you've
snipped). I'm not the wordmeister here, never have been or pretend I am. And
I have no problem being incorrect or inaccurate about anything and I try to
be the first to admit it. But I don't find it intellectually redeeming to
stubbornly cling to the notion that Communism shall always be failed system
in and of itself. That's something you cannot prove.

OK, suppose I say your posts are sloppy and poorly worded and show signs of
a lack of critical thinking, as well as evidence that you don't grasp basic
concepts of logic, and an inability to admit you're wrong about things
unless you're directly shown to be wrong, and sometimes not even then.

If you want to think that way, it's your own loss.

That's your behaviour, not your person, by the way, so I'm not calling you
names.

You spelled "behavior" wrong. Does that mean you don't grasp the basic
knowledge of American English spelling?

No, commenting on behaviour is commenting on the person. Unless you're
claiming my posts are bullheaded but I'm reasonable.

Well, you haven't really been reasonable today, that's for sure. And you
spelled "behavior" wrong again.

Oh, and by the way, what exactly do you mean by "the complaint department is
now closed"? I wasn't aware you were the forum moderator.

Oh yeah, my fault, you're supposed to be the forum moderator. Sorry, it
won't happen again, Daddy.

Dan