 Model Team / *1142 (-100)
  Re: My first proper model team MOC

(...) yeah but im not quite sure how to insert pics into posts (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My first proper model team MOC

(...) tease. (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Honda Goldwing

woah! very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  My first proper model team MOC

my first proper model team MOC is a variation on set 4404. yes, i know ive posted on here before about that, but now ive actually done something. i have finished extending the roof to the back of the truck and i have also added a rather tacky (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Cranes at Brickfest PDX

i had a really great time at Brickfest PDX. i saw some very impressive mocs, but i got to say that the crane table was the best. those space and train guys don't know what they are missing. i have placed my pics here: (URL) i really have not had (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Cranes at Brickfest PDX

(...) That Excavator was built by an 11 year old, by the way. He's local to Portland, had never been to a fest. His dad contacted me after hearing about it and we talked through what there would be to do and so forth, I think he and his son had a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Cranes at Brickfest PDX

There was a table devoted entirely to cranes at (URL) PDX>! It was a great display, totaling 5 cranes with a combined boom length of over 25 feet :-) There was also a pneumatic powered excavator on display with the cranes. It was great! (3 URLs) (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Work in progress - upcoming models in the near future

Sorry, forgot to get the link in the original message. (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Work in progress - upcoming models in the near future

Ok, first of all, a happy new year to all of you, and I hope this year will bring along a lot of exciting models and also, for my self, I hope that shop@home maybe will go on action in Norway. I hope all you will having a great time, and I hope you (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

yeah but i'm tryin to do this on a really low budget i.e nothing. anyway i only just managed to do the roof and i might be able to post some pics if i can figure out how! (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

(...) I tend to get my bricks from either Ebay or Bricklink. Steve (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

(...) Only this one: (...) Perhaps this idea needs a little re-thinking? :-) All in good fun. -TJ (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

are you dissing my ideas? Rob (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

(...) Yup. Pretty quiet here. -TJ (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Williams fw25 final revision

Hello all! Haven't posted around here much lately. Belatedly, I realised I haven't even put up my latest rendition of the williams fw25 :) without any further ado: (URL) I'm now going to finish building my large scale version of this model :) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

(...) Is that a tumbleweed rolling past? Steve (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Set 4404 (Land Busters) modification

i'm modding sett 4404 by making it higher and extending the back so if anyone has any spare yellow plates they wish to donate please email me for my address to send them to. Rob (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Toy & Hobby Expo Show Report - Town/Train & Space Layouts

MichLUG was happy to participate in the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, Michigan for a second year. This year we expanded our showing to include a Moonbase layout and a table for some large Model Team style creations by Steve Ringe and some Bionicle (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  New MOC: 1:18 scale BMW M5 Sedan

Ever since winning a pen at Brickswest two years ago, I've wanted to use the round segments in a MOC. Last semester, I finally got around to Brasso-ing off the letters. I also found a bunch of pictures of BMWs, the perfect car for a bunch of round (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) I only know one language, so you are way ahead of me. :) (...) I understand completely. And agree totally. (...) I think we were sort of saying the same thing... just using different words. :) All the best, Allan B. (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:HrC4AA.1JKr@lugnet.com... (...) i'm sorry my english is weak i know i meant to ask rhetoric what for TLC released FT in a shape which cannot be recognized as FT :) (...) holy (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  P-51D Mustang with red cowling

Hi Inspired by two excellent P-51D Mustangs recently published here and on Brickshelf by Douglas R. Clark and David Thomas Jr, I have rushed to complete my own version of this famous and beautiful aircraft. You can see the first CAD-renderings here. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) Adrian... thanks for the links. It certainly seems as though there might have been some real world inspiration for this model afterall. But as I've noted elsewhere in the thread, I think that a more traditional airport rescue vehicle might (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) Very true. Yes, I knew it was an ARFF, but I guess I figured that since this was LEGO's first foray into that particular sub-genre of fire/rescue vehicles, that they might stick to something a little more traditional looking: (URL) (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:Hr82qz.wDC@lugnet.com... (...) it's an air-port fire truck it doesn't have to have ladder but in fact what to release fire-truck for if it is not a fire-truck what everyone is (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) This truck isn't really that far out. For your consideration, take a look at the following, which are current design airport crash trucks: (URL) not quite as streamlined as the Lego model, but the family resemblance is definitely there. Adrian (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) True. But the original posting wasn't complaining that there weren't new subjects for LEGO Technic sets, rather that the MegaBloks set *looked* so very good. It was then me who pointed out that the current LEGO fire truck looks very much like (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

hi "Jonathan MacIntyre" <jonwally2002@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:Hr7xHI.3p6@lugnet.com... (...) then do it :))) i think there is finite amount of models which can be buid i'm not saying nothing new will appear but if you track out technic (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:Hqz22E.14GA@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) it. (...) about (...) the (...) model (...) Hello Lego does make some good models, but then they make things like the "Fire Truck" (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New year, new url for Engineering with ABS

(...) It can be bigger in one of the three main dimensions - if desired. If you take the total weight of parts that went into a model, then I think my new project will be somewhat smaller than the Mountaineer. More info on that project will follow (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New year, new url for Engineering with ABS

(...) Well I can hardly wait. I'm planning something big as well - hoping I find a good amount of time to build it though! Can you tell us much about it? Will be bigger than the Mountaineer? Enjoyed that one very much, I only wish I could build (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  New year, new url for Engineering with ABS

Hi First let me start by wishing you all the best for 2004! By end of January I will finish my studies at the University of Applied Sciences, Solothurn Northwest Switzerland and start work as an engineer in a Swiss company in the robotics business. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) It is MegaBloks (URL) (...) Yeah, that would be nice... (...) Kim Andersen (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale

(...) Hi Øyvind, (...) Thanks (...) Since everybody keeps asking this question ... There isn't any room to add a RCX :). I use a 9V battery for the compressor, slewing and outtrigger control, but most of the time I simply attach a 9V train trafo. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale

(...) Hi Dennis, Well -- the link did work if your language was either 'de' or 'en'. In all other cases you got what the Apache server thought was best for you, and in that case it was the WML source file :) It's fixed now. (...) You're right .. it (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) It sure does. If it's not the MegaBloks one, it was certainly inspired by it. (...) Because LEGO thinks that fire trucks should look like race cars: (URL) is frustrating, considering that they do know how to realistically model construction (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale

"Robert Griebl" <griebl@gmx.de> skrev i en meddelelse news:Hqxyww.rJ6@lugnet.com... (...) NICE...Really really nice... Wish I could make a copy of that truck... :) -- Best regards, Morten Trab (Denmark) Web: (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

I just found this fire truck on Brickshelf. (URL) There are strange pieces on it but it looks very accurate. There are more pictures of this model on (URL) Brickshelf> But: At the (URL) LowLug forum> someone posted an article about Megabloks. I was (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

"Robert Griebl" <griebl@gmx.de> wrote in message news:Hqxyww.rJ6@lugnet.com... (...) shoot (...) :) (...) A realy nice truck! (...) I would like to see more details of the loading crane on the Actros. Do you use the RCX for controling this truck or (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale

(...) The link doesn't work :( (...) I'm looking forward to it! (...) I suggest it will be a tipper truck or will it be a concrete mixer? As I've mentioned in an earlier post I saw a drum on the MAN's low loader. An AWD is not easy to build, (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale

Hi all, Kim Andersen already spotted some pictures on Brickshelf, but I wanted to shoot some more photos and write up some descriptions before going public here :) So here is a picture: (URL) And here is a link to my site with some more text (german (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Set 4404 (Land Busters)

I got this st today and i love it! For someone who doesn't do much model team scale stuff, it's a great boost! Rob (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New cool trucks, looks like scale 1:13

(...) Yes indead they're great. First he built the red Mercedes. It looks like he changed it. The low loader probably is a Nooteboom. The builder asked me for information a few months ago and I supplied him some drawings. It turned out very well as (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New Williams

(...) Thanks! (...) Thanks muchly! Here's the secrets of the front steering/wishbone suspension module: (URL) and here: (URL) It uses an old style steering linkage (cant remember part number, will post as soon as I find) sandwiched between two 1x3 (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New Williams

(...) Cool looking model, Matthew... but I've got some questions: I can see some kind of steering. How does it work? How could you add steering to those real A-arms (and not having to do that using the conventional method) and fit it to the narrow (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New Williams

XFUT: lugnet.modelteam Nice model Matthew. Here's the BS-folder with the rest of the pics: (URL) -- Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  DEBUT MOC: SOME RANDOM SPORTS PICKUP

This is my debut MOC: a random pickup truck. (URL) the one named Pickup 1 or 2 It's not great, I know that. Rob (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  General haulage truck/trailer connection/lock

Any ideas on how to make the most realistic connection/lock between the truck and the trailer?? I've looked at Bosman's general haulage trucks, but can't seem to get the point in how the connection is made... -- Best regards, Morten Trab (Denmark) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Building a truck

"Duq" <lugnetpost@skipthis...tmfweb.nl> skrev i en meddelelse news:Hpr0Bo.60H@lugnet.com... (...) you'll (...) I just saw the picture, really looking forward to see how it looks in Lego :) (...) and (...) Tnx, you really encouraged me a little more (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Building a truck

"Morten Trab" <morten@trab.dk> wrote in message news:HpqsDz.z9p@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) don't (...) Hi Morten, I've only done one MOC truck but I'll tell you in short how it went: First I decided on a model. I picked the Volvo NH12 because I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Building a truck

(...) Check out the BIP. I know I've seen some great stuff posted there...which would include instructions. Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.inst)

  Building a truck

How do I start building a MOC truck?? I've been looking at those Scanias and Mercedes trucks in this group, and want to build one of my own, but I don't know where to start... -- Best Regards, Morten Trab Web: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Honda Goldwing

(...) Duq, Ooh, cool, a Goldwing before it started to grow plastic. Looks very nice. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  New MOC: Honda Goldwing

Hi all, it's been on my site for a few weeks now, but after upgrading to XP and then reinstalling windows (4 times last sunday. Grmpf) I've been away from the forum for a while. Anyway, pictures and instructions are here: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

Thanks all for your answers. If what Martin said was true and the synchronisation COULD fail, I'd be really nervous each time I'd fire one of these... (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

(...) Here is a webpage with a bit of the history and developments to answer your question: (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

(...) Yes, the guns were synchronized in order to shoot between the blades. This was actually a leap forward in technology. Some earlier planes had their guns mounted on the top wing in order to not shoot of the propellor, but it was more difficult (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

(...) I believe they used a timing chain in order to shoot between the blades of the prop. It was mechanical, yet very clever, technology. I wondered the same thing myself years ago while playing a video game, then a friend explained it to me. :) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Question about the 3451 Sopwith Camel's machine guns....

[LEGOSet 3451] Forgive my ignorance of WW1 war machines, but how is the machine gun supposed to fire without damaging the propellor? :) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  JCB JS220 Excavator

I have finished the webpage for my JCB JS220 Excavator model and placed it online here :- (URL) The model is pneumatic/electric and is operated by a separate hand controller which also contains the pneumatic pump and pressure cutoff switch. Purists (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) You could use two belt wheels which you put together with the three friction pins. Then the problem is the steering outcome is too big. I still prefer my system while it doesn't require much space. It still is good enough because I don't drive (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Ok, here's a simple setup based on the 8466 steering :- (URL) And another with the other wheel attached :- (URL) The great thing about it is that it has a lot less unwanted movement with regard to hold the wheel in the steering arm since the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: LEGO/Honda movie

(...) They're MegaBloks. See past threads: (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  LEGO/Honda movie

I found this link about a short Honda/LEGO movie. Hmmm .... maybe it's a nice idea to build a scale 1:1 SUV :) (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) Hello Thomas, the grey plate at the bottom corners of the rear window is a 1x2 plate. It is attached like that: (URL) And yes, the "windscreen" is framed by minifig screwdrivers. They were hard to add with LeoCAD and so they "cut" the plate at (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town, FTX)

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hny0Fy.FLL@lugnet.com... (...) Today's (...) approx. (...) 853's (...) is too (...) would be (...) Ackerman (...) excavator. (...) strong (...) has (...) a lot. (...) Then I (...) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) How is the 1x1 plate at the bottom corners of the rear window attached? Are those minifig screwdrivers that frame the front wondow? -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Yes indead I have some experience here. The biggest problem is de cab is getting bigger and heaver every time. Today's trucks has large driver's cabs and the ones on my creations consist of approx. 1200 to 1500 pieces (versions with sleeper (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) In my opinion the strongest "traditional" steering setup uses these parts: (URL) I used them for my all terrain crane as below: (URL) I estimate the axle is bearing around 2kg, and still steers perfectly well. I ended up gluing the number 2 (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) It is an amazing achievement! I have watched your previous cars and they are all very beatifull, but this one definately takes the 1st prize. I think you have captured the spirit of the real car very nicely. btw the DS is my all time favourite (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) <snip> (...) After fooling arround with two setups, I threw in the towel and made it a simple one: Each axis has its own pneumatic cylinder, there is *no* linkage between the two... the only synchronised positions are far left and far right (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

Hi Reinard Congratulations on your marriage and of course on your newest creation. As Dennis mentioned, the first truck MOC in green color - and it looks great. I wish I had that amount of green parts. Of all the european truck manufacturers I like (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Hi Reinard, Scania trucks seems to be very popular to build. Reinards model is also a very well succeeded attempt of the Swedish manufacturer. (3 URLs) Of course, just like all the others, I would like to know how the pneumatic steering works. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) I like the set up of the rear axles with 3 differentials. Plus your suspension is nice too! Looks like you have some small tires to simulate those "boots" found on real trucks. Yes, please do tell us how your pneumatically actuated steering (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) Yikes! That's a beatiful model Reinard! I've been pondering to make a garbage truck myself someday, alas I plan far more then I build. Love the crane! Swedish trucks look a little bit different in that department (not the Scania department (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

"Reinard van Loo" <Reinard-van-loo@chello.at> wrote in message news:Hnr2pH.AoH@lugnet.com... (...) because of (...) the (...) Wow! That's impressive! Show us more please.... I'd like to see more of your front steering/suspension. How do you manage (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

Hello! Finally, I've got a new MOC. This time it took a long time to finish because of other things to do, but now it's here: (URL) 1:13 model Not much moderation at the moment, let's see when I'll find the time for that... greetings, ---Reinard (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

"Sven Moritz Hein" <sm.heinonline@freenet.de> wrote in message news:Hnq1pG.s73@lugnet.com... (...) but I (...) I (...) (URL)¬¬ (...) Absolutely brilliant! Duq (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town)

  Re: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

(...) Thank you! I also think it is a very difficult car - I was trying to build one since 2001 (when I saw a big LEGO DS in the www). (...) Have you ever been sitting in a Messerschmitt Kabinenroller? IMHO that's also a incredible vehicle. But (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town)

  Re: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

"Sven Moritz Hein" <sm.heinonline@freenet.de> wrote in message news:Hnq1pG.s73@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Sven, I think it is a beauty! I can't think of a more difficult car to build with Lego. I'm no masterbuilder so can't give you tips on how to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town)

  MOC: Citroen DS (7 studs wide)

Hello, this is my newest creation: A Citroen DS. I always wanted to build one, but I did not know how to build the headlights. When I saw Mattias' Mazda Miata, I knew it: With trans-white plates. Last week I constructed the rest of the model. Here (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New MOCs: 2 Large Cranes

Once in a long while I get the privilege of announcing a new MOC. Today, I'm announcing two! Presenting: (2 URLs) MSG 50 Containerised Lifting Device> -A 15 foot tall model of the real MSG 50 crane operated by Mammoet. (2 URLs) Tower Crane> -A 8.5 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  Re: New MOC: Renault Dauphine

(...) That a very nice model, captures the original very well. I like the rear view especially. If only lego made some small-mid sized wheels more suitable for this sort of model. perhaps if you inset them further under the body? Also would it be (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  New MOC: Renault Dauphine

Hello, that's my newest creation: A Renault Dauphine. (URL) When I saw the real car I wanted to rebuild it at once. More pictures available at BrickShelf: (URL) What do you think of it? What would you improve? Leg Godt -Sven (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Lousy photo's

(...) It indead is a great model. But is a pitty the quality of the images is very poor. The crane is a very well succeeded copy of the original Liebherr crane (it probably is an LTM1300 of the German crane hire and heavy hauler Prangl). I'm (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Mack & Heavy Haulage Day 2003

Just added some pictures of the (URL) Mack & Heavy Haulage Day> of October 5th. (URL) I will add more LEGO pictures soon. Some of them weren't clear unfortunately (e.g. the DEMAG CC12600 of Ron Jansen). Enjoy! Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Jaguar E-Type by Jonathan Hunter

(...) Wow does that make me miss my E. What a sweet model! My only beef with this model: Needs to be British Racing Green... ;-) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Hi Max, I've just uploaded them here: (URL) are 8 pictures and a short movie (15s)... There is also a link to a page with the description of a real suspension used in Rover brand cars. Greetings, David PS: If the movie does not play when you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Jaguar E-Type by Jonathan Hunter

Hi all, Just found this excellent model of a (URL) Jaguar E-Type>. (URL) I'm not really into cars, but I like accurate scale models like Jonathan's Jag. It has a V12 engine and the doors, hood and trunk can be opened. The scale is 1:8. Excellent (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Hi Max, I found parts of it in a box this past weekend... I'll re-build it this week and take a few pictures... Greetings, David (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) When can we expect pics of this prototype Watts linkage? Max (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Does anybody know about this set?

(...) I'd say it's a clone, either Tyco or Choko, can't quite make out the logo from here: (URL) not an official LEGO model AFAIK and the instructions don't make sence if it's a promotion item? XFUT: lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Does anybody know about this set?

Hi, On eBay Germany, I found this truck: (URL) a big Model Team truck with stripes in German colors, and an instruction labelled "Mobil 180". Does anybody know anything about this set? Is it a local German promo model? Or is it even Lego at all?? (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

(...) Thanks, I'm glad you like it. (...) Don't forget the snorkel (which is missing in my picture, I don't know yet how to add flexible hoses in MLCAD). And your model is big enough to add the warn winch at front. If you wish I can give you an (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

(...) Hello, really a nice MOC! I like the accessories on the roof. Maybe I should add some, too... I've just had a look at your Mafia cars - they're cool! (URL) Especially I like the yellow classic car (the one on the right side of the picture). (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

(...) Inspired by your great model I've designed my own version: Defender 110 Camel Trophy '84. It's rather minifig scale than Model Team (6 studs wide) and it's equipped with additional accesories. Take a look at rendering here: (URL) -- shgg. (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

(...) Hello Jennifer, hello Ben, yes, the wheels are the main "problem" of the model. I first tried the ModelTeam wheels, but they were too large: (URL) Now I use the Zonic Strike wheels: (URL) Here you can see the difference: (URL)(left: ModelTeam, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message (...) your MOC (...) sideline of (...) Something I wondered about in this regard was the size of the wheels, which I think look a little on the large side, although without a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Cat D7

(...) Ah yes. Thank you for pointing out some of the Cons of the model in it's current state. I would love to build it right now, but I don't have much parts in my lego bin. And with a real model, some things are not possible. An example would be (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

(...) Hello Sven, this is (as usual) a wonderful creation of yours! My favorite pictures are this one: (URL) and this one as well: (URL) You have managed to add an amazingly high amount of nifty details into your MOC really cool inventions. But I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact