 Model Team / 1093
Re: Building a truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:45:22 GMT

"Morten Trab" <morten@trab.dk> wrote in message
news:HpqsDz.z9p@lugnet.com...
How do I start building a MOC truck?? I've been looking at those Scanias • and
Mercedes trucks in this group, and want to build one of my own, but I • don't
know where to start...

--
Best Regards, Morten Trab
Web: http://www.blackchart.dk

Hi Morten,

I've only done one MOC truck but I'll tell you in short how it went:
First I decided on a model. I picked the Volvo NH12 because I thought the
front would be more of a challenge than most european trucks. I found
pictures of a particular NH12 owned by a heavy haulage company and got some
pictures of it. Especially one from the side at a straight angle was
helpful.
I wanted to use the old big technic wheels, so that pretty much decided the
scale: 1:13. After that it was a matter of calculating dimensions to scale,
then to bricks and start building. I rebuilt the nose 4 times before I was
happy with it, that was the most difficult part. Since it really determines
the look of the truck it was also one of the most important.
I edited the side picture, drawing a grid of Lego bricks on it, which helped
me a lot in doing the side of the cabin.
I still have to do the page on my site about the truck, so hopefully you'll
see the announcement one of these days...

Anyway, best of luck on your project, let us know how you're getting on, and
feel free to ask more questions.

Duq