 Technic / 11856
Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Robert Griebl wrote:
   And here is a link to my site with some more text (german and english) describing this model -- could be more detailed, but feel free to ask questions... ;)

http://www.brickforge.de/mocs

The link doesn’t work :(

   Regarding the other trucks on the “Frechen” pictures: I want to make some photos/writeups first and I’ll post again when I’m ready. If you really want to know what’s coming next:
  • The first is a MAN (E2000) FE 600-A heavy-haulage truck with a 7-axle Noteboom trailer (and yes Dennis, I will make a more impressive load ... soon :) )

I’m looking forward to it!

  • The second is a MAN (F90) 50.403 with a (fully working) 10x8/8 axle configuration.

I suggest it will be a tipper truck or will it be a concrete mixer? As I’ve mentioned in an earlier post I saw a drum on the MAN’s low loader.

An AWD is not easy to build, especially when the truck is only 24 studs wide. But before I saw the Frechen pictures I came across your Brickshelf gallery. There I saw you modified 24 x 43 hubs. How can you do that?!?

I know it’s the big disadvantage of these wheels. The ones on last two Super Cars are a better usage but those are car wheels and they doesn’t look right on trucks. But maybe it’s a shame to change those nice hubs .... Lately I found other ways to make a driven front axle:

But this seems to weak front 1:13 models. I haven’t tried it yet.

I’m looking forward to your website. When it’s live I will add the link from my website.

Dennis Bosman

LEGO Trucks & Heavy Equipment