 Model Team / *1042 (-100)
  Re: Land Rover Defender 110

(...) Hello! I'm very happy that you like my model. You're right, transparent colors could be better - but maybe you dont see the small lights anymore when they're transparent. I hope TLC makes some clear levers soon - then I'll try it ! :-)) The (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Land Rover Defender 110

"Bob Fay" <rgfay@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HL09ws.vBK@lugnet.com... (...) They are indeed, if Lego made these in transparent colours it would be marvellous :-) There are loads of other excellent cars in the same brickshelf directory too. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build)

  Re: Land Rover Defender 110

"Sven Moritz Hein" <sm.heinonline@freenet.de> wrote in message news:HL07Io.Ho5@lugnet.com... (...) wide. Here (...) Great work! The turn indicators and parking lights are just sensational. Congradulations on a fine model. Bob Fay (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build)

  MOC: Land Rover Defender 110

Hello, this is my newest creation: A Land Rover Defender 110. It is 11 studs wide. Here are the photos: (URL) The Land Rover is motorized by a pull back motor 7. The biggest problem was the scale: First I wanted to build the indicators and back (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: Nice model on Brickshelf

(...) charm. I wounder what the electric cables do. Does not look like it has a very good steering though, I'd expect the wheels to hit the body but I might be wrong. (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Lego Cat D7

(...) Nope, it was right as home! Some things that might put people off; - We only have so and so much time to read, study and answer to posts - Your model, although fine, is somewhat simple compared to some of the complex machinery that get's (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Nice model on Brickshelf

I don't know who this is, but I like the work! (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Lego Cat D7

(...) Thank you! You know, I did consider pneumatics for the blade, and I might try it out when I get around to building the model. It has a couple of things I would like to fix, like making a solider mount for the blade. For my next model, I'm (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Lego Cat D7

"puffie40" <Puffie40@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HKwsLE.FuJ@lugnet.com... hi puffie i think your model is good maybe you could improve it a little bit with ie real pneumatics or so don't take it too personal your model looks like from early (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Lego Cat D7

(...) Chris, Please don't confuse the lack of replies on your fine model with a lack of interest! Some months ago a built an orrery which generated very little response--I was a bit disappointed until I noticed the 600+ hits on my webpage (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator is almost on line (with short movies!)

(...) Indeed, but since I saw it as an entry to the 1000steine creativity contest, I have been waiting for detailed pictures and descriptions. Now they are available - and I must say WOW! This truck really stands above many of your older creations. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Some Model Team related trucks

I haven't seen (URL) these trucks> before. Found them behind a link on a Dutch forum. They're built by someones father in law. (URL) Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator: English version with short movies!

(...) My mistake: (URL) This> should be the correct link :) Dennis (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator: English version with short movies!

(...) Dennis, I get "page not found" ROSCO (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator: English version with short movies!

The (URL) English version> is on-line now! Read the whole story and view the short movies. (URL) If you have remarks, questions, please let me know. Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) Yes, I know how that is. I've got 5 projects started with more planned. I haven't completed any of them due to lack of money and time. However, once I complete my creations I will never destroy them. I may modify them to improve upon them but (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) Well Todd, That cost a lot of money. Anyway, I still have five models in tact and I can build a 6th one if I want. Beat used thousand of pieces so if he has to build something new, he has to break off the machinery unfortunately. Dennis (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

How could you destroy a work of art like this Beat? It's like restoring a 1969 RS Camaro and then stripping it down to restore a 1969 Z-28 Camaro. I'm sure the Lego parts must have cost a small fortune to build such a huge sculpture. I really wish (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) That's a big shame. Namely, I've plans to build a scale 1:13 Sennebogen 5500HDSL (Mammoet) and therefore I've some ideas for different crawler tracks. I ordered lots of those old links. Even when I still didn't knew which shaves I will use at (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) No, unfortunately not. The tooth spacing on those Samsonite gears is different from the European red, blue and yellow ones. But what made them so interesting for me is the fact that they have studs on top. So I was able to connect the hoist (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) Sounds like sort of a hall of fame of the most interesting LEGO creations from the machinery and trucks sector. (...) OK, I'm sure I'll read it. (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

And can they be used together with the old 2 studs links? Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) What?!?!?! Your kidding, right? (...) I know the problem. The size of your model is really shown on the picture with you behind it. It's unbelievable how many kilos of LEGO bricks you put into it. It takes a lot of time to bring everything (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) No, the motor shown here drives the steering mechanism. The drive motors are mounted on the bottom side of the main frame of the lower structure. There's a motor for each crawler pair. Have a look at these two pictures: (2 URLs) The drive (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) They do exist in dark red, thanks to SW (URL) set 10019> that contains (URL) eleven> of them... and they are cheaper on (URL) ! Philo (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

(...) Yes, indeed they are LEGO Dennis - old samsonite gears, you can see them (URL) here>, I think the ones Beat used are 741 and 744. ROSCO (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

Beat, My first reaction: WOW!! This really is a masterpiece and it is …. HUGE! I just saw the images of the complete model, but now I’m scrolling through the rest of it. And while I type this sentence I haven’t seen all jet. But I ask you some (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, FTX)

  News from Switzerland - Major Site Update

Hello all You may believe it or not - I finally managed to finish work on my newest webpage update. After more than a year, 'Engineering with ABS' features new MOCs and new building hints. So, what's new in detail? The first MOC I am proud to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Hi Max, Thanks for the kind comments. I first started building it with an electric motor instead of the V8, but I changed my mind and decided to go for good looks as opposed to strength (this is especialy true for the differencial). Who knows, (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Looks good. Just add a motor or two, and it's perfect. Please tell/show us in more detail how you built the Watt's linkage - the pictures don't seem to do it justice! Max (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Well done! Now just add a couple of motors and you're all set :) -- Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) Here is my take on the thing: (URL) kept the original wheels, lifted it a bit, added steering, V8 power and a solid live axle at the rear. Greetings, David (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HJJxwv.1ssB@lugnet.com... (...) April (...) Indeed so, the version Dennis has made looks better though! I've placed a couple of renders of the one I had at the Modelshow Europe here: (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator is almost on line (with short movies!)

(...) Actually that's an idea of Jennifer. Saw it at the Modelshow Europe of April this year. Dennis (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shelby Cobra GT500

(...) Welcome and thanks! New mech? Someday, I've got a zillion things I want to build but not the time :( First up will be something remote controlled though. Perhaps I can give it a mecha twist? Arrrgh! I will not be able to sleep tonight with a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator is almost on line (with short movies!)

(...) <snip> (...) I like your compressor design with cut-off switch. Very nice. -TJ (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shelby Cobra GT500

(...) Aww, thanks. Glad to hear from you. New mecha anytime? That last one was pretty sweet. Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator is almost on line (with short movies!)

This MAN tipper truck is not very unknown. But I also built a tri-axle drawbar trailer with a Liebherr wheeled excavator on it! (URL) Since I have a digital camera it's much easier to photograph all the details of a model. Making normal pictures is (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Shelby Cobra GT500

X-post to lugnet.modelteam. Well done! /Tobbe (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4403 Air Blazers: this set ROCKS!!

Here is a picture of the back of the box.... the fighter jet looks the coolest. (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  4403 Air Blazers: this set ROCKS!!

Hello all, I just got back from a little toy shop that had the 4403 air blazers (red helicopter) for $60 canadian. Great deal! I quickly looked at the parts and instruction booklet.... OH MY GOD this set ROCKS!!! Model Team is back even better than (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) My thoughts? Well, simply put, this is one of the greatest models released in the last 2-3 years or so. The yellow color is great - more vehicles in yellow, please! The proportions are just right, and it looks kinda like a little Toyota (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) My first plan is to actually get the money to buy one. Then we shall see :) Your thoughts on the model, good or not? (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  4404 Land Busters

Hi all. I just received my 4404 from S@H, and have already built and began to customize it. Just wondering, what has everyone done with (or plan to do with) their 4404. I am planning a 8466 based monster truck, but can't say much more without giving (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Live-axle suspension and drivetrain seems not to be much of a challenge. However, steering looks like it may be the real challenge, just by looking at the pics available on the net. Using 8466 parts and making a Bigfoot/monster truck seems (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) It reminds me in a lot of ways of Tamiya's classic radio-controlled Toyota 4x4 Pickup (later called the "Bruiser" and then the "Mountaineer"), which was built in the same way; a scale chassis and the body on top. Tamiya's set used the ladder (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) I know it's bad form to reply to my own post, but I forgot about the inventory. It's on Peeron, although the site appears to be quite slow right now. (URL) John (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Hi Max The 4404 has 4-wheel independent suspension as part of the set. The components are nearly identical to the suspension in set 8465 (URL) except that there is NO steering. However, if you have the 8465 set, you should be able to easily (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Hi Max, If you look at some of the pictures from the link you're referencing, you can see the instruction manual. It shows the independant suspension... So unless this is a custom made, custom printed manual, then yes (and by that I mean (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  4404 Land Busters Question

(URL) Picture> It is obvious that this 4404 set has a full 4-wheel independent suspension. But,are the suspension parts part of the set, or were they added to the set? Triedto look on peeron.com for a parts list, but it has been giving me an (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: CAT320B

(...) YEEEEEEEEOWWWW! My jaw is still on on the floor from seeing your model! I have never seen a lego model that is so close to the real thing! I bet Caterpillar would love to see that model! Chris Pritchard (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  5590 Alternate Model

(URL) 5590 Alternate Model> Are there any instructions on how to build this? Quite an interesting model not to make or save instructions for. Max (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 8x4 by Robert Griebl

(...) Hi Dennis, I wanted to announce that truck here myself :) -- I just wanted to redo the loading crane first (still waiting for some bricklink parts...) I'll give you some more info (and some new pictures) "when it's done" and I hope this will (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Mercedes-Benz Actros 8x4 by Robert Griebl

The text is in German, but the pictures tells you a lot: (URL) Bosman (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Great looking photos of the 4404 pickup truck on BrickShelf

Taken by Mario Cerncic. Great pictures of the chassis and body, which can actually be separated. Model Team is definitely back! Notice the technic elements in the chassis. (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  CAT320B

But...what is this ?? (URL) to enlarge image.... (URL) is my last model: CAT 320 B (URL) machine, equiped by RCX, as usual on my model (but external this time !), has three motors to control valves, tower and trucked traction, two touch sensors to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics) !!

  4404 on S@H site

The 4404 and some other new sets are on the US S@H site and ready to ship. Gary (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  New Lego Discovery Sets available at Shop@Home

Yep finally the Lego Discovery Sets are available from Shop@Home. Check them here: (URL) most impressive model ahs to be this one: (URL) Space Shuttle Discovery! 826 pieces at $49.99 USD, just WOW!!! Of course the other models are just as great but (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.modelteam) !

  #4402 and #4403 at Shop@Home

#4402 Sea Riders is avaiable for ordering from Shop@Home. 547 pieces at $39.99 USD. Look at the box picture and on the left where it says all of the info and stuff, it says "Motion Madness"! Anyone know why? Here is the link: (URL) #4403 Air Blazers (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Site seems ok, And everything seems to be up'n'running btw Dennis, the Audi you have, is that a S2?? In that case, I have an RS6!!! Whats up? "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEyuxG.GqL@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  The best thing to ever happen to lego...

Ok, I'm really psyched. All my life I've lamented the fact that lego canopies have sides on them, so that if you wanted to build a wide spacecraft cockpit you would have these trans walls hanging down inside (not counting the curved trans from UFO (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

Andrea, The drum consist of four equal sections which are put together with a technic beam construction. So there's a frame inside. All four sections are connected to the frame with light grey half pins. Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

(...) Hi Dennis, A question, I don't understand how is inside the mixer structure. Have you details about this ? Thanks Andrea (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

And here are some more pictures of the LEGO models which were shown on the Modelshow Europe lately: (URL) pictures by Ron Jansen. Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LTM1500 in progress (by Evert van Wichen)

(...) least suggest so :) Cool! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

(...) Sorry about that. Steven Combs isn't finished moving all the content from the old BimP site. Your model feature will be up again for sure, I just don't know when. (...) Cool. (...) Looking forward to it! -TJ (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

I've uploaded the wrong html-files on Geocities. But the correct one is put on the Legotrucks site: (URL) one picture is not correct. But the rest is as it should be. Feel free for any comments. Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

It has been a while since I submitted my Scania mixer for BimP. But lately I saw the model isn't vissible anymore on BimP (?!) That's why I made a new story for my website about this model. (URL) (in het Nederlands) The MAN tipper truck + Liebherr (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

great models and really nice site pixel "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HF8Kyx.rvA@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Liebherr LTM1500 in progress (by Evert van Wichen)

Just saw Evert van Wichen's work in progress. He's building a Liebherr LTM1500 and his aim is to build it about 4 metres high! (URL) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Help building a lego Cat D7

This is just a notice that I just posted updated pictures of the D7 on my brickshelf account. I say that I am getting there, it just needs a little tuning :) (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Help building a lego Cat D7

I have some pictures of the D7 both still and in action in my MSN group about bulldozers. ((URL) picture on the first model I tried to build is in my brickshelf gallery. ((URL) (Folder name is CatD7) I have not taken any pictures of the second one (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Help building a lego Cat D7

(...) Chris. Do you have any pictures of your attempts so far? What scale are you trying to work at and what parts are at your disposal (I mean are you building it with technic parts or not)? How mush functionality are you trying to replicate? Do (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Maybe I'm a bit sleepy. Off Course I must be THIS MORNING ..... :) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Tomorrow I went to my work at 6:30 to upload all html-files into my Geocities account (ADSL :) It only took about half an hour. Now my site is temporary hosted via Geocities --> (URL) now all linkages from other websites (maybe like yours) gives an (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) The font (i.e. the shapes of Times New Roman) is fine. It's the character encoding -- which in this case is neither standard nor universal. The problem here is Microsoft -- it's one of their not-so-subtle attempts to subvert the Internet. (I'm (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  New MOC, c.1973 MG, minifig scale...

Hi This is another of my six wide minifig scale cars, based on a real vehicle. Not being black the details on this one stand out some more. I really like the way the four wide windscreen works with these, giving them a look of shape about them. (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Yes, that's true. The current limit on second-level domain name length is 63 characters. Alphanumeric plus -, basically. Assume a four letter name, like Lego, and that's still getting near a *google* possibilities, give or take a few powers of (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Actually, I am. I pulled both of the characters from the Times New Roman (a universally accepted "standard" font) character map. If you can't see it, you must not be using a standardized font. I know that some fonts bump the non-keyboard (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Well, there is technically one way they can do it. They could spend gobs of money to register everything that you could possibly think of. I know Lucasfilm does that to a limited extent (type in the name of pretty much any major Star Wars (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Oh? By means of a court case, sure, but can they legally stop you before you even register the name? IE is there some sort of law in place to proactively prevent me from squatting a trademarked named site? I mean, sure, once Lego finds out (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) You're not using a standard character in the second case there, so I can't tell what you mean exactly, but I'm assuming you mean TM. The distinction isn't actually the one you're making; the full r-in-a-circle symbol means that the trademark (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Slight correction: You can't copyright names. However, they are covered by trademarks or service marks. The distinction is important, as they follow different rules than copyright does. (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Yes they can. It not only blatantly contains the word "LEGO" in the domain name, but it makes an untrue statement of sponsorship, thereby encouraging anyone who casually stumbles across the website to assume that TLC does actually sponsor that (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Legally, Lego can't necessarily stop someone else from getting the domain "ThisSiteIsSponsored...Lego.com". However, in some countries (US at least, I assume many others), Lego has a copyright to their name. So they could take it to court and (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Moved thread to lugnet.publish.html (...) Sounds teriffic! (...) That's Internet :) I killed arnesson.nu seven months ago and asked ppl. to update their bookmarks and links but there's still more who link to arnesson.nu then to lotek.nu. Here's a (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My site is down :-(

tobbe you are right but what about the words which just contain "lego" letters in polish there is a word "legowisko" which means "lair" if i name my site www.legowisko.com it is not really connected to TLC so this is the normal regular word of (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Soon we have a new internet provider. Than I have room enough to put my files on their server (no banners or pop-ups!). But that will take at least a month. Most anoying is that my page is linked from many other pages to (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Moc, AC Cobra, V8 Muscle car, minifig scale naturally

(...) Cant remember exactly which one, but i have bought around three of the Drome racers for the wheels and tires. (...) Its so true! I would like to build a blue one some time in the future. I am about to upload a similar vehicle which i built in (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) It's not a good idea to have the word lego in the domain name. See TLC's fair play policy: (URL) LEGO Trademark cannot be used in an Internet Address The LEGO trademark should not be incorporated into an Internet address. Internet addresses (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

hi dennis is it possible you would get this url (i mean www.legotrucks.com) maybe you would have it pixel "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEx7qp.MuM@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  My site is down :-(

My website isn’t on-line anymore. About a year ago I hosted my html-files on Jan-Tore’s account (www.legotrucks.com). Today I saw there weren’t any visitors on my site. When I surfed to it I saw the domain name doesn’t exist anymore L I haven’t (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Moc, AC Cobra, V8 Muscle car, minifig scale naturally

Outstanding. I especially like the opening bonnet. I can never seem to find space for such niceties in my cars, no matter how big they are. I like black too. Allister (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Moc, AC Cobra, V8 Muscle car, minifig scale naturally

Realy nice car, I like both the real Cobra and the LEGO one. Since the model is 6 wide; where do you get the tires? But you should have made it in another color, it is hard to see the details on the LEGO-model when it is made with only black parts. (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  New Moc, AC Cobra, V8 Muscle car, minifig scale naturally

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Moc, the Leyland Mini

Hi Another upload at last... Not sure when this car was originally released, or manufactured in the model i have based it on, or any other details like that... i just like the look of this car. I like the 6-wide models with seating for two abreast, (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Is Model Team still with us?(was: Why did Model Team die?)

(...) There are some good views of it in Rob Hendrix's gallery. (URL) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Is Model Team still with us?(was: Why did Model Team die?)

The Wright Flyer ??? Some pictures of it ? Mike. (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Is Model Team still with us?(was: Why did Model Team die?)

(...) I'd never actually thought of it this way. My first inclination was to look at it as MT ending the year SW was introduced, which would effectively mean that SW killed MT the same way that Blue killed Tan (it's an M&M thing, not a Phaze thing). (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Is Model Team still with us?(was: Why did Model Team die?)

(...) I'm not sure Lego ever gave up on this market segment. The last official Model Team sets, #5563 -- the Racing Truck and #5533 -- The Red Fury, were released in 1999. The next year, Lego introduced the Ultimate Collector Series sets, which is (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact