 Model Team / 1032
Re: MAN tipper truck with Liebherr excavator is almost on line (with short movies!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:23:09 GMT

   This MAN tipper truck is not very unknown.

Indeed, but since I saw it as an entry to the 1000steine creativity contest, I have been waiting for detailed pictures and descriptions.

Now they are available - and I must say WOW! This truck really stands above many of your older creations. I personally like the functionality of the foldable crane - your videos, which are much better than my Mountaineer videos, contribute to this impression. I liked to watch the model in movement.

It seems to me that moving the Pneumatic controls away from the model into a hand held control pad has the potential for interesting new creations. This way, not only electrical functions but also Pneumatic movements can simply be controlled. The only disadvantage is that you need many meters of Pneumatic hose.

There is a smaller creation still waiting for completion. I started with it when I was not in the mood to work on the Mountaineer model. Unfortunately I haven’t found solutions for some major problems so maybe the remote Pneumatic control can solve one of them. (By the way, it’s going to be a Caterpillar D400E Series II articulated dump truck (ADT).)

Again, I must state that I like your MAN. And with your new digital camera, the quality of the pictures now allow to better see the small details.

Can’t wait for your Sennebogen...

Beat