 Technic / 11119
Re: 4404 Land Busters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:41:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
In lugnet.technic, David Wegmuller wrote:
Here is my take on the thing:
http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/4404/index.html

Looks good. Just add a motor or two, and it's perfect. Please tell/show us in
more detail how you built the Watt's linkage - the pictures don't seem to do it
justice!

Max
Hi Max,
Thanks for the kind comments. I first started building it with an electric motor
instead of the V8, but I changed my mind and decided to go for good looks as
opposed to strength (this is especialy true for the differencial). Who knows, I
may go back to an electric motor one of these days!

The rear suspension is based on a 3D drawing of a real one found here (middle of
the page): http://members.tripod.com/~RoverSD_1/liveaxle.html

I'm about to move, so all my bricks are packed up. In a week or two, once I've
settled down, I'll take some pictures of a "prototype" of the suspension I built
while I was waiting for my S@H with the Land Busters to arrive... That prototype
is made up of parts of various colors, so it should be easier to figure out how
it is built.

Greetings,
David