 Marketplace / Theory / 2673
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:14:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Mike Walsh wrote:

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:I17q8K.EHH@lugnet.com...

[ .... snipped ... ]

See "Crossing the Chasm". We're not exactly like the raving lunatic pre early
adopters in that it's not a technology adoption being modeled, but we ARE just
as influential as they are

[ ... snipped ... ]

I am not sure I think the Chasm model applies to this market but I may be
swayed with a good argument.

Care to elaborate?

I don't think it does either. At least not completely, because the market isn't
a shifting one (at least not at the like LEGO/don't like LEGO level)

I'm just drawing the analogy to the very first people in that model that take
something up prosetylising on behalf of that something. LEGO is mature but it
still benefits from the lunatic fringe (thats us) singing its praises, and it
benefits from "early adopters" realising it's OK to be an adult fan by seeing
how much fun the fringe have... But it even doesn't really match there, because
growing the fanbase 10x, if such could be done, still isn't much of a share.