 Marketplace / Theory / 2666
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Just picking at a few numbers, don't disagree with the main thrust but accuracy
matters.

Yeah, but the results are only as accurate as the guesstimates used as inputs -
GIGO you know.  This debate reminds me of the various number games used to
justify (or not) the belief that extraterrestrial life exists.  Since there are
so many variables and each variable can be a magnitude or more off, the results
point to the likelihood of ETL being anything from an extremely rare event to a
universe positively teaming with life.

In any case, the "actual" percentage doesn't matter so much as what TLC believes
that number to be.  If Brad thought it might have been 5% of sales (and he
wasn't just trying to flatter us), then that's supposedly what they've based
their decisions upon.

Mark