 Marketplace / Shopping / *12239 (-100)
  Re: Anyone know if 10046 Brown Tiles set is new color yet?

(...) I plan on buying 10-20 packs of this item in late October, if you can wait that long for a reply. I'll be using them either way, whether they're new or old brown. My intuition tells me that they are still working from the initial run (old (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color, FTX)

  TRU Buy 2 Get 1 Free -- was No one posted this

(...) How do you do this? I'm finding all the HP sets listed as "not available", so there appears to be no way to add them to the cart. Likewise several of the Viking sets just give you the option to get an e-mail when they are available. Am I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No one posted this

(...) The same BTGO deal is available online where you can also use it to pre-order the new HP sets. There is also free shipping on LEGO at the moment. John (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No one posted this

Are the Vikings out in the stores yet? I know they are available on Amazon, but I have not seen them at my local TRU yet (Media, PA). -- Bryan "Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:InExIK.1qt7@lugnet.com... (...) free. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: No one posted this

(...) Not only that, but if you bring your receipt for 4679 "Bonus" tubs purchased at $30, they will give you a $10 refund AND a 3rd item free. At least, my store did. The processed the refund as a cancel and ring up again (get 1 free!) I hope they (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  No one posted this

No one posted this so I thought I should TRU is having a buy 2 get third free. Not a bad deal. I want to know who the guy was that walked out of the TRU in front of me with 9 Starwars Tanks. What are you doing with them? Larry AZLUG (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  next day shipping CUSTOM TRACK stubbies,crossovers,half curves

Hey all, I have been extremely busy over the last couple of weeks making modified train track and I thought I should offer it up before I head to NWBC in the next week or two. Currently I have 3 complete sets of stubbies ready to go as well as (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ideas and Suggestions for LEGO S@H

The LEGO Ambassadors have been asked to provide some suggestions to the LEGO Shop at Home people about what types of things we AFOLs would like to see offered or available from S@H. This is a good opportunity for you to make a serious suggestion (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX) !!

  Viking Sets

Now at TRU at Amazon.com (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) What curious timing. It was just last Thursday that I was in a TRU and made a point to the Manager about how the price had jumped by 50%. Hmmm.. nahhh ;) Ray (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) Last Friday, the price has been lowered to $19.99. Most, if not all, TRU stores will refund you the difference, go back to the store where you bought them, and take your receipt to the help desk. Paul Janssen Lego Ambassador (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

Did TRU up the price on this to $29.99 everywhere? Wasn't this $19.99 last year? What happened to the "FREE" 500 pieces? (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Anyone know if 10046 Brown Tiles set is new color yet?

I need lots of 1X tiles in true brown, so I was thinking of getting some of the 10046 Brown Tiles set. [LEGOSet 10046] I haven't bought any of that set since before the color change. I was wondering if anyone has bought that set recently, and if so, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

I grabbed one of each 4679 tub with bonus box numbers 2915 and 3115. About the same parts inside. (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  What's in a part name? (WAS: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus)

(...) Part names. One of my favorite topics. :) While I was working on the (URL) for my book I spent a lot of time thinking about part naming and categorization. (...) I don't know that I'd label that name as "ridiculous". It may be outdated(1), but (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  4483 Available in limited Qty at S@H

I called in to check the phone specials (5944!) and they said they had a few AT-AT sets in stock.(not on sale, though) Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  When Can I Pillage?

Now that all of the Viking sets can be purchased through Amazon, is there any word on when they will be available through Shop-atHome or LEGO retail? Thanks, Shaun (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walgreens set - NOT same as last time - 300pcs, all plain 1x, 2x bricks

(...) Thanks for the heads up on this. Those in NYC or Brooklyn area: Walgreens, on Atlantic ave, betwn 3rd & 4th Aves in Brooklyn has these. Easy subway access too: N, R, B, D, Q, to Pacific/Atlantic ave subway stop. F, G, A, C are close by as (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) Skew Bricks, huh?? Wow. I don't think anybody uses that ridiculous and outdated Auczilla term anymore. Now (as you know I am sure) they are classified as WEDGES (URL) yeah, there were a lot of unmatched wedges in the TRU bonus boxes from last (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) True... (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) But that's what made the old 4679 bonus exciting. (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) I thought something like this would come up... (...) Yes- "2915" (...) There were a half-dozen on the shelves. (...) I approve this message. (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) Wow. Compared to the US version of 4679+bonus, that is a much more logical set. More like the 4400 "spumoni ice cream" tub two years ago. The US 4679 bonus was a wild mix typically including unpaired skew bricks. -Erik (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) Ditto. Unless some other bonus boxes show up with amazingly rare pieces that I've just GOT to have, I may buy 1-2, instead of the 50 I bought last year (and last year was limited by what I could find. Sadly, I found most of it while in Six (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

A couple of pertinent questions: 1. Did the side of the box it came in have any imprinted or indented markings that resembled a 4-digit number? 2. Was there a lot of stock of this bucket, or were shelves relatively empty? 3. In the first run of the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

(...) Neat! Very helpful, thanks for doing that. I love the spring cleaning concept, but I'm probably not going to shell out 50% more than for last year's tub and have to eat all those new color pieces. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  4679 Fall Spring Cleaning Bonus

Hey all, I flickr'd a (URL) pic> of the new bonus box that comes with the 4679 tub (which is, to remind everyone, a Toys R Us exclusive). Click "All sizes" to see the full-size image, and mouse over the image to read my notes on the colors. Oh, and (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Walgreens set - NOT same as last time - 300pcs, all plain 1x, 2x bricks

(...) The 4679 tub is also back at TRU. The good news is that the selection in the bonus box (at least the one I got) rivals that of last year's. The bad news is that my tub (and I suspect all the tubs) featured entirely new grays. And the really (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Walgreens set - NOT same as last time - 300pcs, all plain 1x, 2x bricks

Well, the good news is that Walgreens has the $6 boxes of Lego (3/$12), the bad news is that they are only 300 pieces this year, and only 1x and 2x bricks. Box set # 4781. Sure would have been nice to get more spring cleaning parts, but all in all, (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Flooding the market theme

Jude, it does help I didn't get a chance to hear the podcast. (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Flooding the market theme

(...) Larry, The new sets are the European versions of what we got here in North America. They are going with a less violent variation of the theme in Europe, using less guns and trapping the dinos in cages. To quote another member of ParLUGment: (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Flooding the market theme

Just saw on brickset that Lego has released images of the new dino attack sets. Forgive me if I am wrong, but why flood the market so quickly with 5 additional sets in the same year that you just relased the original theme. Doesnt' that mean that we (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO as jewelry

(...) Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG/BAYLTC (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  LEGO as jewelry

Just stumbled on this site: (URL) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 628 X-Large Gray Baseplate Color from S@H

(...) I've got a couple of unopened old gray ones if you need one or two Dustin. Bert (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color)

  Re: 628 X-Large Gray Baseplate Color from S@H

(...) The last order I got about a month and a half ago was new light grey. JB (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color)

  628 X-Large Gray Baseplate Color from S@H

Does anyone know if the gray baseplate available from S@H is in old gray or medium stone? Dustin (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color)

  Original Red X-Pod $1 @ Woodfield Mall LEGO Store

I was in Chicago today and had a few minutes to spare before heading back to O'Hare. I stopped by the Woodfield Mall LEGO Store. Nothing of real interest in the Pick-A-Brick section but I did find the original Red X-Pod on sale for $1. They had (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Gold Bricks/Pick-A-Brick in MD

I just picked up the DUPLO tub with gold bricks at (URL) Be Beep> in Severna Park. They also had the DUPLO bucket and the LEGO tub with gold bricks. Unfortunately, Be Beep has taken down their (URL) Pick-A-Brick section>. The person I spoke with (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, FTX)

  Re: 8653 wanted

You might find that set at TRU, but that's about it or shop@home. It's not a normal dealer catalog item, so we can not order it in at all. (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  8653 wanted

Does anyone know if the lego technic 8653 technic ferarri enzo is available for sale in toy stores in Ontario? Thanks a bunch! (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  WANTED small PAB cups for brickfest

ok i know it sounds dumb but i am looking for someone to bring me 3-4 empty cups for my brick bazaar table. in return for the cups you can fill one free from an unsorted collection. thanks, ondrew p.s. please let me know that you are bringing them (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Slim pickings at Target?

Hey Dave, I saw the deep discounts at a couple of Targets here lately, and it seems like they're starting to restock after clearing out the old inventory, so maybe you're just hitting in between the two. I've also noticed that the LEGO sets aren't (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Target lineup, was Re: Slim pickings at Target?

(...) Ah! That's encouraging! I noticed that they'd moved the construction toys to a new aisle, but I thought that this just coincided with a reduction in inventory. Good to know that I was apparently mistaken. Dave! (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Target lineup, was Re: Slim pickings at Target?

Your Target may not have rolled out the new display today. Mine did. I found a refreshed display of 2005 sets today. Some of the prominent items: mini Bionicle, Dino Attack, Knight's Kingdom 2005 (minus the big castle), play armor and swords for the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Slim pickings at Target?

During my lunch hour I discovered that my local Target has eight different LEGO sets on its shelves, three MEGABLOKS sets, and one Best-Lock. I don’t recall such drastic inventory downsizing during the past few summers. Has there been a change of (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: WANTED: Trade Assosiate Located in UK

Josh, when you find someone who is willing to do this please let me know. I am having to ask my clients to bring my purchases with them when they come over to Phoenix, but it is starting to become a hastile. Larry AZLUG (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  WANTED: Trade Assosiate Located in UK

I am looking for somebody located in the UK to help accomplish a transaction with a retailer that only ships to that area. I am in the US. Compensation for the favor will be discussed. Anybody interested please contact me at Josh120@optonline.net or (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bogus "clearance" at TRU

Warning--this post contains info about a clone brand, but it's relevant to LEGO, so bear with me... TRU currently has a bunch of stuff with green price tags and signs all over the store proclaiming an additional 30% off green-tagged items. Sounds (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Target clearances begin

Yes, they'll go to 75% off, as I have picked up a few sets at 75% off already. Seems to be store-specific, though, as one local store had 8777 at 75% off, the other had it at 30% (needless to say, I bought all the 75% off, am waiting on the few 30% (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target clearances begin

(...) Hey, Does anyone know if they will go to the 75% off level, and, if so, after how long? I've checked out my local Target and there are some things that I'd probably not pay $25 for, but, heck, I'd by Clickits* if they got slashed as low as (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target clearances begin

The Mini-MTT (4491) hit 50% off at one store, so I bought a pile. I was surprised to discover a 4490 inside one of them! This is like opening up an oyster to find a slightly unexpected pearl. Though they are more like clams. -Erik (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 5994 Catapult

"Dan Thompson" <danaliobi@aol.com> wrote in message news:IJo6Dn.JnJ@lugnet.com... (...) displays for (...) near me (...) In addition to the Catapult, my Wal-Mart had two small Racers sets as well - 4308 and 4309. It was interesting that 4308 and (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 5994 Catapult

(...) I think most Walmarts will carry these. I got all 16 from the Walmart near me for $0.97 each but they were not in their system yet. The cashier had to manually enter them. (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 5994 Catapult

(...) That's what it says, but at my local wal-mart they insisted that it should be $3.96. I told them it said .97 but they said that was for different bag (racers). (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  5994 Catapult

Available at Walmart in Syracuse locations on end-of-aisle strip displays for $0.97 each. (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Hi Kevin, Thank's for the tip. I ordered this morning at $299CDN like you said. A very good tip. Thank's a lot Andre (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) This is a regular catalog ? When does this offer expire ? Any other kits that have such a nice discount ? Man, and I thought 369$ was a good price ! Now I will have to cancel my first order and make a new one. Thanks for tip. (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) C5HE13 Kevin (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Would you be able to share that catalog code, thanks. (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  US S@H Specials, July 6 - 12, 2005

1-800-835-4386 (hit 1 when the recording starts, then hit 1 again when the S@H Specials recording starts, to skip the listings and get to a representative) Clikits 7503 Memo Minis $3.99 $2.00 Misc 3911 Astronaut Keychain $2.99 $1.50 Basketball 3549 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

By the way, the Death Star is only $299 CDN with the latest S@H catalog code, so now is the time to get it if you want it. Kevin (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) It's what we want. It was like that before and they changed the system. They have created a segregation between the 2 countries instead of removing barriers for the global market. More than that, S at H managed in USA for both countries offer (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

The CAD prices vs USD, range from 1.25 to 1.55 I think. The biggest star wars set is 140 CAD, 90 USD, which is 1.55 which is TOTALLY NUTS!!! But yes some items are very close to exchange which is a good sign, like the Death star 400 CAD vs 300 USD. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) It is strange. A S@H order used to mean paying US$ with a credit card and getting whatever exhange rate VISA used for that day. I'm not sure where you are getting the 40% rate from though. I just checked the pricing for #10143 Death Star as it (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Baseplate 627

But the wild thing is if you order blue baseplates, they do not come shrink wrapped or anything like that, just a bunch of blue base plates rattling around in the box, no paper, no age label, no warnings, very odd!!! (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Baseplate 627

"John Radtke" <ILoveLEGO@att.net> wrote in message news:IJ7wt6.17oG@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) PLDStore (...) They are plentiful on BrickLink. I have them on my wanted list and get a notice 3-4 times a week. Mike (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Baseplate 627

(...) Apparently so - just noticed the other day that they are back on North America S@H. Though for some reason they have the Safety Warning attached to the listing unlike other baseplates of the same size. And here I just broke down and ordered (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target clearances begin

My Target had a few sets on clearance. Nothing big. Truely the prices look like someone just decided to drop them something like 3 bucks or so. Some of the sets were only down a buck. They had a lot and I mean a lot of the Bionicle stuff. Never got (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Target clearances begin

Target has begun marking down a large variety of sets - Knights Kingdom, Harry Potter, DUPLO Castle, Spiderman, some Bionicle, older Star Wars, others. The pattern at the one store I've been to seems to be 50% off $40 and up sets (such as HP train & (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shop AT Home

(...) I have seen this as well. What are they up to? Is it simply a malfunction, or is there an overhaul/big change in progress? Orion (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Shop AT Home

Hi, Since saturday morning , after I've seen the New Technic sets availaible here in Europe, the online LEGO shop for Europe is down (all the price 0.0 - all sets "not available"). No warning messages on the site. No news send to customers in the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Wal-Mart Star Wars clearance

My Wal-Mart has clearanced all remaining Lego Star Wars. (20-33% off) They got out of Harry Potter quickly last year, too, but are still selling Spider-Man. (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

Only ToysRUs so far has the new stock, this stuff is targetted to ship to smaller dealers for shelf space around August 1st. (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) Not at Toys Toys Toys, not at Bricks & Blocks, so I guess the lesser retailers haven't got them yet. I haven't checked Toy Blox yet 'cause they are far away and they sell some things at above MSRP. All I'm waiting for is for Bricks & Blocks to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) I saw that today. The items were on sale at those prices (which, not accidentally, I believe are the current US$ prices) for about 3 hours today. They are gone now, back to regular price. I believe S@H made a mistake, and listed the Canadian (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

Are any of these sets available at toy stores in toronto? (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

Up here in Canada, they're all cheap! The crane which costs $200 ist 3/4 the price. The bike ($70) is about $50, and the forklift ($100) is about $70. Is this a summer sale or something for the S@H? (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  PAB ONLINE

RUMOR CONTROL Today I heard something that sparked my ear. This is a chance that WAIT WAIT I DARE SAY IT. Pick a Brick might be coming to a website near you. OH WOW! SAH may be talking about as you are reading this. There is a strong possibility (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) Well, I wouldn't say that - last week it said "Item not found", today it says "Not available in your country". At least now I can drool over the nice 360° pan & zoom shots of it, and the alternate model, while I wait to see how much my credit (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) As usual, no updates to S@H.au yet I'll have to wait a bit longer. (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

For those of you who are still waiting, the bigger "Authentic model for skilled builders" Technic sets are now available from Shop at Home. Unfortunately that means no more quick money for me... ;) And for those who like rice rockets/modded (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego Loyalty Cards

(...) Mike, The Loyalty card has been in effect since sometime around November of last year (2004). It's actually spend $25 and get a stamp, but for the month of June, it's double stamps--spend $25 and get 2 stamps. (You should not be getting a (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego Loyalty Cards

Lego has started a loyalty card system for repeat customers. I got one on Friday when I stopped by the Orlando Imagination Center. You get a stamp for every $25 you spend. Get 8 punches and get a $10 gift certificate. Get 16 punches and get an (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

I stopped by the Orlando PaB on Friday. The only translucent bricks that I saw were green 2x2's. The selection was disappointing as they still have a number of duplicate bins. (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego in the news AGAIN

(URL) to this article Lego has seen a 52% jump in traffic just from Starwars. Now I don't think that Starwars is the only thing driving the increased traffic, but it does make sense. Larry (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

(...) I was there a couple weeks ago: some 1x2 trans blue were there. At Orlando at least, bins occassionally get mixed by color, so the 1x2 trans blues were in with the 2x2 trans blues (about a 50/50 mix, when I was there). Likewise there was a bin (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

(...) Just went to LIC in Orlando beginning of May & to be honest, I think there was only one 1x2 brick that was a trans-color... either trans-purple or trans-pink or trans-dark-green... can't remember. There were a few 2x2 trans bricks in different (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

If this is true, it must be a relatively new development, as the bulk of the stuff offered in the Bulk Shop at LLCA in the past was similar to what showed up at PaB elsewhere, or was something that had more to do with disassembled parts packs than (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

Sorry, There I went again typing slower then my head could put the stuff out. Any what I meant to say is that: The brick selection at the parks (LLCA is all I know of) is set from the Model Builders. If they have left over parts then those parts go (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

(...) S@H has 1x2 trans clear. Not nearly as good a price though. (...) Could you say that another way, I had trouble parsing what you were trying to say there. Thanks. (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?

Need to know if any one is going to Downtown Disney and could stop by the PaB to see if they have any 1x2 trans blocks. I was over at LLCA and they didn't have any 1x2s. Lots of 2x2. One of the masterbuilders told me something very interesting. The (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Technic sets at TRU/Amazon USA website

8416 Forklift, 8420 Street Bike and 8421 Mobile Crane are now on Toysrus/Amazon website. You need to search for "Lego Technic" as they don't seem to appear by set # yet. I think they became available sometime yesterday. Probably means the forklift (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New sets at TRU

(...) I just got the new 8420 Technic street bike yesterday at TRU, and it seems to be at every TRU in the Charlotte, NC area now. No mini Catalog in that one either. These days I am visiting TRU regularly (1-2 times a week) hoping the new 8421 (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  20% off clearance toys at K-Mart (US)

A K-Mart I visited today had a sale flyer at the door. It indicated that all clearance toys were 20% off the current clearance price. After some checking, I found that the price scanner was already reflecting the additional 20% reduction. This (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA National Train show

(...) Steve..the NMRA/ITLCO team need to clarify wednesday.The NMRA website says dropoff only on wed. (URL) Yet on your link in the table you sya "Set-up for clubs only (not for dealers)"..Are we able to setup tables that day if we wish?Is it just (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  ILTCO @ NMRA National Train show

Hi All, Well we're getting down to the home stretch! We have a hotel and social event setup. The link below provides details. ILTCO - NMRA Train show resource page: (URL) SteveB (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Just in time for Father's Day: TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Available Now

(...) I got mine today!! Great set!! I build it immediately, and the pieces are all usefull. I'll be back for more.... Paul (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Just in time for Father's Day: TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Available Now

I noticed the other day on S@H that the estimated shipping date for the Intermodal Car in the U.S. was still June 17th. I checked again this evening and low and behold it is available now... Just in time for Father's Day!!!!! (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New sets at TRU

(...) I presume you are talking about set 8877 "Vladek's Dark Fortress". Perhaps the price is $100 ? I know that TRU has been accused of price-creeping a little, but a 900% markup would be a new record ;) Ray (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact