 Marketplace / Shopping / 12153
Re: Anyone going to Orlando PaB soon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:03:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser wrote:

see if they have any 1x2 trans blocks.

   I was there a couple weeks ago: some 1x2 trans blue were there. At Orlando at
least, bins occassionally get mixed by color, so the 1x2 trans blues were in
with the 2x2 trans blues (about a 50/50 mix, when I was there). Likewise there
was a bin with 1x4, 1x6, & 1x8 dark greys, for instance.

I walked over to the model builder section of the park
and saw one of the clear baseplates.

   Curious fact. At Orlando, there is a minifig PaB - for $10, you can put
together three minifigs (yes, to expensive... yes, nearly every leg set was from
the basketball sets... but I now do have my own PaB-built Slave Leia <grin>).
Just behind the PaB cups of minifig parts were shelves with yellow boxes on
them... and the top of each box was a trans-clear baseplate. I saw at least five
of 'em, and I have no idea why they were there. They weren't displaying
something, or supporting something, or anything.
   Yes, I should have asked - I didn't. Whoever gets a chance, ask about them.

   Oh, and for the first time (for me, anyway) the Orlando PaB had 1x4 plates.
Handy, it was something I was running short of. Now if they just had soccer
balls... <grin>.

--
Brian Davis