 Marketplace / Auctions / 5081
Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:07:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Carrie Whitcher writes:
Let me tell all of you about retractions...Very interesting thing that
occured to me on Tues.  Now the guy who retracted (2x mind you!) is
bidding on ANOTHER large lego lot...

Be wary of this guy, good feedback or not.  When he retracts because
his wife is having pregnancy problems and can't pay $4000
but then turns around and bids $2200+...sounds fishy to me.

Anyway, I have an AWESOME lego lot to pick up this weekend in Vancouver,
and will LYK what's exactly in it!  Woo hoo!!

Sorry, just ranting and venting about irresponsible bidders...

I think people should have to pay a 10% penalty (10% of their bid) in order
to retract a bid.  And on small amounts, the higher of 10% or $10.

--Todd