 Marketplace / Theory / 1212
Re: Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:02:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Adam Hoekwater writes:

Wait, do you mean "if the winner retracts his offer" or "if the current high
bidder retracts his bid"? Are we talking about completed auctions now? I
think
that if you placed the second highest bid, and the highest bidder retracts
his
bid, and the auction hasn't ended yet, then you are the high bidder and will
be required to buy it. At least that's how I see it.

Winner.  If the winner retracts his bid.  After the auction is closed.  There
isn't a winner until the auction is closed.

eric

Weird, I didn't know eBay accomodated bid retractions on closed auctions.
Seems kind of futile to put in a bid retraction _after_ you've entered a
binding contract to buy the item.

-Adam