 Marketplace / Auctions / 5055
5054  |  5056
Subject:
Bid retractions (was Re: eBay dead again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:27:40 GMT

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.auction, Frank Filz writes:

Crud. I wonder if they're blocking certain addresses. I haven't been
able to get a peep out of the eBay site for over an hour now. I guess I
won the auctions I was concerned about since I haven't got an outbid
notice.

You'd think that.  I got outbid in an auction recently and didn't get a • notice.

I didn't complain because I had decided in the meantime I had gone over • the top
on that particular item, so I was relieved I didn't have to buy it (I • would
never even consider retracting a bid unless there were extreme extenuating
circumstances).

Eric

Then please bid on my auctions.  I have had ELEVEN bid retractions on my
auctions in the past month.  FIVE in the past week.  People put down that
they bid too much.  That is not an acceptable reason.  I have considered
leaving feedback about people who constantly retract their bids, as I think
it is ridiculous.  I have retracted one bid of mine since I started using
ebay, as I misread an auction description.  One of these jokers has
retracted 8 bids in the past month.

Mike Poindexter