 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / *64 (-64)
  FOTW

Maybe should be called score of the week. My sister is the manager of a local mcdonald's store. I mentioned that macas maybe having a lego promo this year. She said that she had a fellow that comes in to her store quite a lot and that collected all (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  99 Catalogue Here Now!

Picked up a 99 catalogue from toworld innaloo. They had a stack there so all other stores should get some soon. Cheers Terry (25 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 2148 Truck at Big W

I picked up the last one Saturday! A very nice little model. Thanks for pointing that one out Terry! The new adventurers sets look cool, I picked up a small set with a female adventurer, (don't have the set no. with me..) and a hidden gold artifact. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  2148 Truck at Big W

As Mark Harrison mentioned previously, they have also now been spotted in WA. I grabbed the second last one from Big W karrinyup today. $19.74 was the cost. They also had the latest adventurer stuff, the aztec/mayan lot that i hadn't seen anywhere (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Availability of Slizers

I was chatting to a sales assistant at Toyworld Innaloo, and found out that LEGO Australia has decided to release the Slizers line in two parts. What you see on the shelves at the moment is the first shipment. The second lot is due in 6 months. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  FOTW @ TRU

Hi guys, I had an urge to splurge this weekend... ...on LEGO of course! I gave W4K and TRU a call, all Perth metro stores, to see if they had the Techic Space Shuttle (8480). W4K quoted $300+, while TRU Perth store had a few for $180! I bought one, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

Terry Mason wrote in message ... (...) the (...) good point - I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I got the full catalogue cos they didn't have some of the items I wanted. No, come to think of it, I asked when the catalogue was due out and when to (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Star Wars stuff

(...) <SNIP> (...) Great thanx very much....yes I am already on that list. I would go for the MS set - appears to be better value than Cybermaster Set - I have 2 x MS sets and they are great - heaps of bits / gears motors and stuff - not to mention (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Star Wars stuff

Brian Wiren wrote in message ... (...) From 99 price list STAR WARS 7110 LAND SPEEDER 18.95 MAY 7128 SPEEDER BIKES 25.95 MAY 7130 SNOWSPEEDER 54.25 MAY 7140 X-WING FIGHTER 87.95 MAY 7150 Y-WING AND VADER'S TIE FIGHTER 136.95 MAY STAR WARS EPISODE 1 (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Star Wars stuff

Does anyone have any info / prices / release dates etc for Australia Apparently there is a R2D2 model and some others.... Regards Brian PS : Anyone on the list into robotics using lego ? - I am.... (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

I expect the catalogues to turn up any time now as stores have stocks of the february releases. I thought they wouldn't send the catalogues out earlier with nothing in store to buy! I also got a 99 service catalogue from the service dept without the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

(...) Almost! It's now about four weeks since I got mine, so maybe it's time for everyone to contact Lego Australia as they have obviously had them for at least five weeks .... I expect they will be out in the shops soon. I also expect that they (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  1999 Catalogues

Hi Looks like one could do a roaring trade in catalogues .... I didnt see any in the US but have a few contacts over there so I will ask around. Regards Brian (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

(...) Just the service one. I have got a 1999 catalog but it is the british version that an rtler sent to me. When the Aust. one comes out, I'm sending him one. (...) Well you should be able to get the 2148 at your local Big W, you do have Big W (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

Mark Harrison wrote in message <36D00DDD.E9B73D6D@o...net.au>... (...) Did they send you the full catalogue or just the service one? (...) Unfortunately, *not* touring anywhere near Perth :( (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

Hi all, I've also just received some spares from Lego, they included a 1999 Service Catalog with the parts. Another interesting find at Big W, they are now selling the 2148 Celebration yellow truck released in the US in 1997. I'm told it is the same (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogues

Terry Mason wrote in message ... (...) Hmmm.. It's not really true at all. I ordered some supplementary stuff mid Jan from Lego Aust. and received the items *and* a 1999 catalogue in the first week in Feb. Haven't seen them in stores yet, but I (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Just looking thru some old posts - yep $399 is steep and from what I saw in the US it is not as versatile as the MS set - CM has 2 x built in motors and uses FR whereas MS uses IR and has 3 x outputs = 3 motors It may be possible to contact someone (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Lego in General

Hi All I have just found this news group and would like to add my 0.02 cents worth. It is great to find a local interest group - all the others I am on are predominantly US ..... I have just returned from the US - holidays - and went to just about (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  99 Sets at Big W

Just bought three 99 sets from Big W. They have some of the shuttle command sets and the new red freestyle bucket. I got 6452, 6457 and 6458. There were at least 4 others in the series as well. No 99 catalogues and in box flyers were from 98. Cheers (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Target 20% of lego this week

(...) Target pretty useless for lego. Sets are normally 20% more than other stores which can be good as stock doesn't move very quickly and they tend to end up as old stock. The only set that caught my eye in Brisbane was a Paradisa 6418 Country (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Target 20% of lego this week

Innaloo Target does have a bad range, plus they are always overpriced. Things have been quiet around here lately haven't they! My excuse is car problems chewing into my LEGO funds. I'm about to document my collection on film, seeing as I have all (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Target 20% of lego this week

As subject says, but target have a poor range at the moment anyway. Or at least the one in Innaloo does. Cheers. P.S. am I talking to myself in this group at the moment. Were is everybody??? (25 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  1999 Catalogues

I spoke to Lego Aust today and they said that the 99 catalogue probably won't be in till March :^( I hope this isnt true? (25 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Toyworld Freo 25% off Sale

Dropped in there today and noticed they had a 25% off lego sale. First time I had been to that particular store.They also had a cyberstorm on the shelf marked at $537.50. (Toyworld subi sold their first cyberstorm for $400) I wonder what it was (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 118 Electronic Train

(...) Mark, if you don't manage to find a lego whistle, possibly you could make an electronic thingy to generate the tone. It wouldn't be lego pure, of course, but it might _work_ :) Jasper (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  118 Electronic Train

Hi all, I recently picked up this set as part of a collection. It was missing one piece, a whistle, black in color with three rows of 2 studs on top. It seems that the train is controlled using a sound sensor which starts or stops the motor when it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Nexus Collector Fair

hi there everyone there's a Nexus collector fair on tomorrow (sat 19th) at the East Vic Park Rec centre from 10am till about 2pm/3pm (not sure) not much Lego on offer (to my knowledge) except my 3 boxes of old blue train track. I hope to have some (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Wednesday 16th december Cybermaster in at toyworld subi. Was on hold for some guy.(Not me unfortunately :( ) Can't see much from outside as box is like a suitcase and doesnt show anything. Priced at $399 - seems a bit steep to me (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lego Software

I can get them for this group for Chess $49 Creator $56 Loco $42 They each come with their own boxed lego set. I didn't like any of them but will still probably get them for the sets. Cheers Terry Sue Ann Barber wrote in message ... (...) begin 666 (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Wonderland of toys - cheap Lego

The last Wonderland of Toys is closing soon (Joondalup store) When I was up there on Thursday night (10th Dec), they still had a number of large sets going out at 50% off. These included UFO, Western, and Town. They also had others going out at 25% (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lego Software

Now that they are in the shops.. Any news on what prices you can pick these up for? cheers sue ann (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Guilty! Yes I am waiting. I think both sets will be useful (mindstorms and cybermaster) because one is controlled by RF radio and the other by downloading from computer. So if you piggy back both they can communicate with each other and make things (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Ah-HA! I was in Toyworld Subi Tuesday arvo buying a Time Cruisers set that was on sale (the "Flybo", and only because it was cheap and has a few interesting parts) when one of the staff mentioned an earlier Lego customer. He mentioned how thrilled (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Toyworld Subi Speak to gavin. He's the owner. Terry -----Original Message----- From: Sue Ann Barber <lugnet.loc.au.wa.pe...ugnet.com> To: lugnet.loc.au.wa.per@lugnet.com <lugnet.loc.au.wa.pe...ugnet.com> Date: Sunday, 6 December 1998 16:37 Subject: (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Which store would that be terry? ;-) cheers sue ann (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Murray the Lego man's ph number

Apologies to those I promised this to ages ago. The silly season hit a month ago and it's been decidedly unpleasant ever since! This is Murray's phone number (the guy in Malaga with heaps and heaps of cool Lego for sale) Ph: 9275 4369 If you're (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Cybermaster Due in some perth Stores any day now

Whilst quizzing a local toystore owner about next years catalogue, he mentioned that lego aust had just called and said that they just got a small shipment of cybermaster and do you want any so he ordered one. Do we wait for the full mindstorms, if (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Lego Display at Warwick Shops

Hi there everyone In my travels today, I came across the Lego display at Warwick Shopping Centre.It's aimed at small children and is outside Kmart (I'm assuming it's part of some promotion). It's an interesting mix of Duplo and Basic - I I can't say (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Lego Software

The three lego software titles are due into perth computers stores later this month. They are lego loco lego creator lego chess I can get them for a good price if anybody is interested in buying them. I part own three computer stores. Let you know (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 1999 Catalogue

(...) I think this year's catalogue came out mid January or maybe later, in Perth at least. I remember asking a Toyworld assistant if the cat's were available, and being shown a shop copy. A few weeks later they were available for general sale. (...) (26 years ago, 3-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  1999 Catalogue

When do we get our 1999 catalogue in Australia. Was it late december last year that we got the 1998 issue or did we have to wait until january. Can anybody remember. Terry begin 666 Terry Mason.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9...)Y.SL[#0I& (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: All quiet on the western front

(...) Hi All, I met Murray last week as it happens. He lives in Noranda and has a very impressive LEGO room! Shelves full of assembled models, buckets and drawers full of sorted pieces, drool... Anyway, I bought the Technic trike from a few years (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: All quiet on the western front

(...) This might be Murray who lives in Malaga - I don't know his last name but he sells spares, sets and assorted tubs of a particular colour. He often advertises in the paper as "the Lego man". He knows Mark at Kiddywinks, so there is a good (...) (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

Mark Harrison wrote in message <362CAD77.847A0B6D@o...net.au>... (...) Sorry mark, don't know cowan. Did you ask mark for his number. (...) Does that mean that you managed to get a retrostation from the US as well! I have the yellow station but not (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  All quiet on the western front

Subject says it all. After the initial wave of enthusiastic posts this group has gone all quiet. Can any anyone put me in contact with someone call Cowan who buys and sells spares. Mark at Kiddy Winks knows him but probably sees him as competition. (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Hi there, I am not from Perth, but this group seems to be about the only active one in Aus. I am replying from Tasmania, where there is only myself and one other person that I am aware of involved. Let me introduce myself. Name:Frances (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Roll Call UpDate

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1) Name: Terry Mason Gender: Male Year of Birth: 61 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8 Location: Perth - Australia E-mail Address: terrym@wantree.com.au LEGO/home page URL(s): (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) As its all quiet on the eastern side of OZ I thought I might introduce myself over here. I've been buying and building lego for about 4 years now. Had no interest in it before that. I started by buying a few technic sets at a 50% sale at Kmart (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Shell Lego promo

Yes most of europe have had them so far. The US still haven't thou! -- Terry Mason terrym@wantree.com.au LEGO: TO++ TR++(4554) #++++ S+ LS++ M+ A+ YB61M Sue Ann Barber wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Shell Lego promo

Does anyone know if the sets in the Shell promo have been available overseas? cheers sue ann (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Looking for Set 6329

This seems to be the only Australian group with significant activity, so I am posting here rather than lugnet.loc.au. I am looking to buy set 6329 Truck Stop. I think that it might be available in Australia. Can anyone down under confirm this and (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) next (...) I can't get to this one but will try for the next. (...) I buy quite a bit of stuff from mark at kiddywinks. He is a bit overpriced but then he does need to make a margin. I was there last week and he had just bought a large trough (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) is (...) They usually advertise in one of the weekend papers. They do aim mainly at the Star Wars market as that's where most of the action is. I'll be there. Hopefully in the corner at the same end as the entrance. I mainly sell Macca's (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

Terry Mason wrote in message ... (...) Nexus is a collectables fair that's held every 3 months ( or so). It ranges from Star Wars to Kinder Surprise, comics, more Star Wars and, occassionally, really cool toys. I usually have a table as I've got (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Me either. Where was it advertised? Maybe I'll see you there! (...) I haven't had any luck with garage sales either. I did manage to find an airport (6597)and the pneumatic crane truck (8868) through for sale ads in the paper. (...) Never (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

Sue Ann Barber wrote in message ... (...) blue (...) Just collecting 9V at this stage. That consumes enough of my money. What is the Nexus fair. I haven't heard of that before. (...) No, never met murray or even heard about him. I've looked at the (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

Terry Mason wrote in message ... (...) mainly (...) to (...) Any particular train stuff? I've got a few unopened packets of the old blue train rails from the 70s. I'm taking them along to the Nexus fair at the East Vic Park rec centre on Saturday (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Greetings!

Hi Sue Ann Great to see another perth person on this group. My collection is mainly Town and Train. For a full list check out www.wantree.com.au/~...tlist.html I've got another six sets to add to this. Just haven't had time to. I have started to (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Greetings!

Hi there Perth Lego people! I agree totally about the need to combine all of the WA groups. I was going to subscribe to them all anyway. So, what sort of Lego is everyone into? My favourite is space but I've been leaning towards a bit of old Town (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Any other Perth people out there

(...) Number 2! I agree with Terry, but my proximity to the Perth makes me slightly biased. It would certainly make a discussion between all WA LEGO fans a bit easier. Braith Garden. braith@mech.uwa.edu.au (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Any other Perth people out there

First from perth! I think that all the wa groups could probably be put into one as we only have about 2 million people in WA. Despite it being a massive area we really are quite close! Terry Mason terrym@wantree.com.au -- LEGO: TO++ TR++(4554) #++++ (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.au.wa.per (group): Perth, Western Australia, Australia. lugnet.loc.au (group and hierarchy): Australia. lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): General-purpose discussion (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact