 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 18
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:33:58 GMT

Sue Ann Barber wrote:

Hi there Perth Lego people!

I agree totally about the need to combine all of the WA groups. I was going
to subscribe to them all anyway.

So, what sort of Lego is everyone into?  My favourite is space but I've been
leaning towards a bit of old Town (mainly stuff I had as a kid) and
Fabuland.

Let's see if we can get the local discussion going!

BCNU

Sue Ann

Hi there,

I am not from Perth, but this group seems to be about the only active one in
Aus. I am replying
from Tasmania, where there is only myself and one other person that I am aware
of  involved.
Let me introduce myself.
Name:Frances Schroeter
E-mail address: schroter@netspace.net.au
Lego interests: town, technic and 12V trains
No. of  Lego sets: no idea, lots
First Lego sets: bought in 1986 - Duplo farm set for my son, basic set no. 740
and technic set no.
8851 - building this set one evening got me hooked on Lego as an adult.
Occupation: registered nurse
Current Lego projects: putting everything back together again, seeing what is
left, selling what I
don't want anymore or what I have two sets of and when all this is complete I
might continue
on a project I started 6 years ago: building a 4WD remote control car.

they are available
in NZ. They have only recently become available in Tasmania. I bought two sets
yesterday,
set one, Shell racing car and set 10, Technic motorbike. Very impressed with the
Technic set,
may have to buy a couple more.

Terry Mason wrote that his current project is having a large Lego room in his
house. I did have
one until we moved, now it is all crammed into a small spare bedroom, daughter
has the other
larger bedroom. Waiting to win Tattslotto so we can put a floor in the roof
space and create
our Lego room up there.

Hope to hear from you
Regards Frances Schroeter