 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 9
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:59:11 GMT

Terry Mason wrote:

Sue Ann Barber wrote in message ...

Terry Mason wrote in message ...
Hi Sue Ann

   Great to see another perth person on this group. My collection is • mainly
Town and Train. For a full list check out
www.wantree.com.au/~terrym/setlist.html  I've got another six sets to add • to
this. Just haven't had time to. I have started to collect a few space sets
dispite originally not setting out to collect any at all.

Any particular train stuff?  I've got a few unopened packets of the old • blue
train rails from the 70s. I'm taking them along to the Nexus fair at the
East Vic Park rec centre on Saturday if you are interested.

Just collecting 9V at this stage. That consumes enough of my money. What is
the Nexus fair. I haven't heard of that before.

Me either.  Where was it advertised?  Maybe I'll see you there!

   Has anybody had any luck with getting lego through garage sales in
perth. I've tried quite a few times but have never found any.

I haven't had any luck with garage sales either.  I did manage to find an
airport (6597)and the pneumatic crane truck (8868) through for sale ads in the
paper.

Only occasionally have I ever found stuff at garage sales. I  have a bit
more luck at swap meets.  Apart from the odd bit here and there most of my
stuff is bought new.  I have picked up a bit of stuff (especially when I
first started collecting 9 years ago) through ads in the paper.  Murray in
Malaga (?) seems to pick up a lot of the 2nd hand stuff in the papers. Have
you guys met Murray?

No, never met murray or even heard about him. I've looked at the ads in the
paper but never seem to have spare money when a lego ad comes up.

Never heard of him either.  Does Murray ever part with his finds? : )Have you
ever tried Kiddywink Toys in Balcatta?  Last time I was there (probably 6 months
ago?) they had a nice collection of spare parts in plastic bins.  There seemed
to be a good variety, plus there were some complete sets (2nd hand) for sale
also.  I'm on holidays next week so I might go and have another look.

Have we all been collecting the Shell promo sets??!  I've managed to rope a few
friends into getting a couple whenever they fill up.  I was considering the
Petit Miam LEGO offer but you need something like 8 proof of purchases.  Not
worth it for a small freestyle set.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of the insectoids sets mainly for the eye
pieces and blue elements.  Anyone got one yet? Is the blue the same colour as
normal blue?

Anyway, good to see there are at least 3 of us here!
Later,
Braith.