 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 22
Re: All quiet on the western front
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:10:42 GMT

Sue Ann Barber wrote:

Can any anyone put me in contact with someone call Cowan who buys and
sells spares. Mark at Kiddy Winks knows him but probably sees him as
competition.

This might be Murray who lives in Malaga - I don't know his last name but he
sells spares, sets and assorted tubs of a particular colour.  He often
advertises in the paper as "the Lego man". He knows Mark at Kiddywinks, so
there is a good chance that it is him. I'll dig out his number and post it
to the group in the next few days.

happy building

sue ann

  Hi All,

I met Murray last week as it happens.  He lives in Noranda and has a
very
impressive LEGO room!  Shelves full of assembled models, buckets and
drawers
full of sorted pieces, drool...
Anyway, I bought the Technic trike from a few years ago and the classic
Technic
red tractor from around 1980, a set I've always wanted to get my hands
on, for a
very nice price indeed.
He's got an ad in the latest Quokka (trading post for all kinds of crap)
under
toys - the 1st Noranda number is his. (I don't have it here so I can't
quote the
number)

I've been rather busy, with regards to LEGO at least, for the past
couple of
weeks.  I sussed out ledit/ldraw and made up my latest creation - a
batmobile-ish car with working V8 motor, steering, chrome exhaust, black
and red
colour scheme, very stylish ride indeed.  I've rendered a few images of
it using
Pov-Ray which represent it well.  As I don't have the means to display
them for
all to see, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in putting
them up on
their web page?  Maybe we could set up a page for Aussie creations
only?  Just a
thought, but an interesting one.

I'm almost through the great build of  '98, assembling all of the sets I
have,
seeing what's missing/broken/leftover.  All that's left to build is the
pneumatic crane
truck (8868), Black cat rig, a universal set and the Century Skyway
airport.
Always leave the best till last!

See-ya,
Braith.