 Local / Australia / 9873
Re: Names of things.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:56:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Larry Pieniazek writes:

1 - and I hope they never do it ever again, as it's a big waste of effort
and money, as it requires wasteful packaging designs, prevents easy resale
in different countries, causes relatively pointless discussions, etc. etc.

WELL...It's only the US/Canada/Mexico markets that would have this
problem...except for left-overs that sometimes wash up over here, all sets
sold in Australia have no set name [excluding Star wars, harry potter [from
memory] and alpha team underwater sets [also from memory]] and none have
piece count...and I think this is standard everywhere EXCEPT for the
US/Canada/Mexico markets, so really the only extra expence is to add these
for these specific markets...at least that's how it appears to me :)

Excluding catalogs of course, which *do* have set names, and would thus
require extra expense in (at least) Aus as well...

ROSCO