 Local / Australia / 8534
  Super Chiefs all gone?

Looks like we're through the limited edition run of Super Chiefs, at least originating in Europe. Yesterday it was listed as backordered, ship within 30 days but still with the limited edition description. Today it says Ship by 24 April, and the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

Sure sounds like it.. Wonder what the largest single order of them was before they brought in the 3 per order limit? How many did everyone order? I purchased 4.. -- Jason King LugNet #665 Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

It already looks like 6 have been sold on Bricklink. Prices range from $55 to $150(!): (URL) A =+= Have you explored Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I, for one, will be glad to purchase sets without the number tile. While I'm glad it helped spur interest in buying the Super Chief, I don't think it will mean much in the future as far as value. I think the set stands on it's own. The limited (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

I called US Shop-At-Home this morning and they verified for me that they are still on thier initial shipment of Super Chiefs, meaning that they are the Limited Edition ones. They are limiting orders to 3 per person. As I have already purchased 24, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I'm happy with the 2 I purchased - but will probably buy more non-numbered ones (assuming they will be available). Though I'd probably be interested in swapping a number packet for A0469 (my Lugnet number) if it becomes available. ROSCO (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) It's probably easier to swap our LUGnet numbers for our SuperChief numbers :-) Kerry (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) To quote a toyota ad...B****R [censored to suit seppo tastes :) ] I get back from a supposedly non-lego honey-moon, prepare myself to order one...and they're all gone :( At least the boss will be happy :) Benjamin Whytcross [Who has an (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Clearly the moral to the story is don't get married ever again. Kerry (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Or at least don't go on any supposedly non-lego honey-moons ever again 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I agree! It's really not much of a Limited Edition if there's another run, simply without the numbered tiles and certificate. The certificate didn't even have the numbers printed on it, so what's it worth in the long run really? Obviously, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Like the man who changed his name to LNG-689 because he'd always wanted to have personalised numberplates? Cheers QYA-461 (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

In lugnet.trains, Troy Cefaratti writes: ... (...) It appears that if you placed an order before the limit was put in place, you can still order 3 more. Cary (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Nope. They are checking agianst all orders. I tried to order 2 more (after my initial 4) and was rejected. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) OK, then I should have said: Sometimes, at the utter discretion and whimsy of the person answering the phone at S@H, you can order 3 more after your initial order. It worked for me today. (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Okay, My Dad too tried this and the lady on the phone accepted our order for ten more. (This was weeks ago...) We got a letter in the mail saying that our order was canceled due to the limited nature of the series. They must double check (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Okay, My Dad too tried this and the lady on the phone accepted our order for ten more. (This was weeks ago...) We got a letter in the mail saying that our order was canceled due to the limited nature of the series. They must double check (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Wow you must be so proud of your dad, he's taught you all kind of good lessons today. First how to try and get around the system, how to make threats to get your way and how to steal. "Gee dad you're the best" jt ---...--- James J. Trobaugh (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Oh James, I think that's too harsh. Working around the system, yes - I'll agree with that. But the three free 10020s were probably the result of an error on LEGO's part - not any sort of 'theft'. Personally, anytime LEGO gives me something (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) system at some time. If you want/need 4 soda bottles but the limit is two, don't you just go to another checkot with the others??? In the first place, it is not fair that the first quality set lego has made in years is limited to three per (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) No I would not, I would assume the limit was set in place for a reason, even if I didn't like it. It's their store and they can set any limits they want, I don't have to shop there. (...) Fair?! Nice way to rationalize. Maybe they realize that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) I had originally indended to post this following the first reply, but my e-mail server was down and by the time it was back up, two others had replied, so i deleted my authentication. But I see that this is going to continue ;), so i'll jump (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) LD is attempting to limit the release of the *Limited Edition* so every one has a chance to get a unique train. They are planning on releasing a non-LE version that you can buy a gazillion of if you wish. This I think is very fair. Jude (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) As a hypothetical example, if you had ordered $1000 worth of LEGO and it was delivered to me in error, would you accuse me of stealing if I kept it and didn't pay for it? Or how about if I saw three Super Chiefs sitting on a delivery cart and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Now this is a discussion :) 'Tis true, if *I* have something that I did not pay for, which should have been paid for, it is stealing. If I knowingly went to a store and stuck something in my pocket and walked out, that is stealing. If the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) I applaud anyone who beats the system. Companies should not force this kind of stupid fairness on customers, LEGO will get its money in the end. The whiners out there don't like people hoarding a product in order to sell it at three times the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Okay then, not fair is that tons of people ordered 20 + right off the bat before the limit was in place and now I am denied the right to get three more? Come on. (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) First, it's not a "right" but a privilege of opportunity dependent upon TLC's policies. Second, TLC can produce as many or as few as they wish, and they can impose whatever purchasing limits they care to impose, whenever they care to impose (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) I think it is fair that LD kindly put the limit in place when they realized it would help even distribution. Don't get ticked off because you did not order 20+ when you had the chance, after all we all had the same window, which I think is (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) In the first example, if the item was addressed to you, it would be the same. See below for analysis. If it was not addressed to you, then keeping it is stealing. This is different in a material way. Helping yourself to three off the delivery (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Darn. Good points. After I posted, it occurred to me that my analogy was flawed, but it was too late. (...) Legally, sure. But the issue was "is it stealing based on Xian values?" and I think it fairly clearly was. Dave! (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Ok these are all good points, and I would like to apologize to Jeremy for my earlier "you're a thief and so is your daddy!" post. I agree that my tone was a bit harsh, now that it’s past lunch and I’m settled in for a calmer afternoon I will (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) I would also hope the receiving party would at least say something about it! There was a situation in my past when a family member found 2500 dollars (CDN so like 50 bucks for you Americans ;) ) in a parkinglot somewhere. He did not put an ad (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) I think it's still debatable. Of course I mentioned that depending on the circumstances, I would take the effort to help the sender correct their mistake. While I don't call my self a Christian, it is certainly in my values to try and be fair. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) While I don't think that this is a case stealing, my initial read on your post was some sort of gloating. Sure s@h messed up, you probably deserve to keep the uncharged ones. However... If you're going to post about it to a board that TLC (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Note: It is against my rules to post here but because of the recent activity, which was caused by me, I decided to break that rule to address this issue and not ignore it. However, I am not here to stay... (...) James, Thanks for the apology. My (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs (I Called LSAH)

To make all of us happy: I called LSAH and the lady told me all was okay, this happens often. If I wanted to pay for them I could but I said i'd rather keep them for free or have them sent back at the cost of Lego. She said, "keep it then." (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) fair. (...) I've just gotta say, what's the big deal about the limited editions? I'm guessing there'll be no order limit on the non-numbered version, I'm also guessing the answer to the question is often "profit on the secondary market". If (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Dear Mr. Gloats-A-Lot (A.K.A. Jeremy Scott), I hope you realize the difficult position that you have placed yourself, your father and your grandmother. Strict interpretation of the law will reveal that you are in possession of stolen property. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

In lugnet.trains, Todd Thuma writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Heh, I know it's a pain to read to the end of a long thread, but in this case you may want to... (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

To point out a few flaws in the logic... (...) Not really the same thing as buying two and walking out the door with 2 you didn't pay for. If you buy two and then go to another line and buy two more, or perhaps drive across town to buy two more, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:GtD0pH.1JE@lugnet.com... (...) Dad (...) past (...) guy (...) for (...) mail (...) and (...) thought. (...) but (...) got (...) your (...) that (...) you a (...) Chief (...) you (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs (I Called LSAH)

(...) GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!! Todd (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Thanks Kirby! I did read them all before I posted. I decided to fit my additional comments in around the places where I felt the fit. I do hope this thread dies down, but it is both a public forum and "permanent" record. There have been (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs (I Called LSAH)

(...) The same happened to me a year or so ago. The second package is basically unsolicited mail. When I called Lego, I was told that they did not expect me to waste my time taking it back to the post office just to clear up their error. Scott A =+= (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

In lugnet.trains, Todd Thuma writes: <snipped long and well-written post> United States postal regulations say that if someone sends you something that you don't order, they cannot ask you to pay for, or return, that item. This makes a lot of sense (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Here's one link I've found so far: (URL) If LEGO used the post office to deliver this package, the three extra 10020s (...) Here's another link which indicates that if the package is delivered by any means other than the USPS then you must (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Ok...Ok...let's take a step back and re-hash the issue at hand (btw, I'm no lawyer either) he received 3 trains in the mail, trying to buck the system, which in itself has already been done by numberous people... ...ok. he used his father's (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Play well. SteveB PNLTC (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Well put. -John (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) If you don't recognize the shipper, refuse the package. Paul Sinasohn (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Ben: We canceled the order when the guy said that we couldn't buy it. Then Grandma bought hers. The canceled order shipped anyway. (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) True, one could do that, of course it's probably a pain to get UPS to come out and pick up a package they left off... Frank (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) Entirely true! In the vein of consumer protection the Congress of the United States enacted legislation that protects the consumer from this kind of mail fraud. Anything from Reader's Digest Books to CD's cannot be shipped to a recipient (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

"Any misunderstanding was purely the other guy's fault." Author (Some one said this but I can't recall who). Todd (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) I can see why Larry would get slightly vexed... Can we please send any related followup to this particular thread to off-topic.debate instead of staying in .trains? A few people have tried to send this thread to that group, but... oh well ;) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

(...) The last two people I knew who had lost their wallets had them returned by complete strangers with nothing missing. It's not that uncommon! Anyway, on this whole ownership/possession of goods issue please remember that WE don't possess Lego (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Free Super Chiefs

Let's turn the tables on this one and see how you would feel if...You order 3 SuperCheifs and Lego sends 3 Ninja Mini-Fig Heroes (the one's that are only $1.99 each). Is that OK? Do you keep them and not call them to correct their mistake? Or how (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Free (blank items)

<snip> I've been very out of pocket and I missed the very fact that this thread is going on. I'd like to sincerely ask that any further discussion on this topic, if it relates to the question of items being free or not, or being under limited (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The role of ethics (was: The Free Super Chiefs)

This whole topic comes down, in my opinion, to meaningless without agreeing on the role of some kind of ethics. (...) :-) (...) My first thought was that you were probably lying. After all, what adult would say that? You claim to be fifteen and that (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The role of ethics (was: The Free Super Chiefs)

(...) [snip] Please respect Jeremy's wish to end his part in this debate... -Suz (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The role of ethics (was: The Free Super Chiefs)

(...) Suzanne, I don't understand the implications of your note. As the administrator here your words have a special gravity that seems to color what might otherwise be a simple statement. Do you mean "(I'm the admind and) you are hereby notified (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The role of ethics (was: The Free Super Chiefs)

(...) It's just like it looks: The LUGNET Admin (Suzanne Rich) posted a polite request. (...) Topic ignored, if your post had not continued direct questioning of Jeremy, it wouldn't have gotten my attention and resulted in my post, no. But your (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Difference between Admin and Member requests(was: The role of ethics)

(...) Suz, What would have been the consequence (if any) had he or others chosen to ignore your request? Basically, what is the difference between a request from Suzanne Rich, LUGNET Admin and Suz, LUGNET Member #2? Jude XFUT .admin.general (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)