 Local / Australia / 8543
Re: Super Chiefs all gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:37:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Tom Reed writes:
I, for one, will be glad to purchase sets without the number tile.  While
I'm glad it helped spur interest in buying the Super Chief, I don't think it
will mean much in the future as far as value.  I think the set stands on
it's own.  The limited edition thing was more an attention getter than a
serious collecting item. <snip>

I agree!  It's really not much of a Limited Edition if there's another run,
simply without the numbered tiles and certificate. The certificate didn't
even have the numbers printed on it, so what's it worth in the long run
really? Obviously, considering the prices that are already being paid for it
on the secondary market a lot of people disagree with me :)

I bought one for myself, mainly because I wasn't sure that there would be
another run at all, and it is a great model.  I've been umming and ahhing
about buying another, and now that I know that it is being continued I can
happily wait until I've got some spare cash for it.  What the limited
edition run did do was make people like me, who otherwise would have waited
a bit, rush out and grab one.  I'm not sure what this achieves for Lego in
the long run, maybe they're in league with the credit card people :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com