 Trains / 15866
Re: Super Chiefs all gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:24:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark writes:
OK, then I should have said:
Sometimes, at the utter discretion and whimsy of the person answering the
phone at S@H, you can order 3 more after your initial order. It worked for
me today.

Okay, My Dad too tried this and the lady on the phone accepted our order for
ten more.  (This was weeks ago...)  We got a letter in the mail saying that
our order was canceled due to the limited nature of the series.  They must
double check before shipment, You should get a letter soon.

       ^^^ Or maybe not... ^^^

"The Free Super Chiefs"

After recieving the letter denying the right to buy 10 more 10020's, my Dad
called LSAH and begun to order 3 more to send to his Mom's.  So he got past
the "ship to" info and they begun the "bill to" info.  My dad told the guy
his info.  The guy checked our account and said that the limit of 3 was
achieved.  So, my Dad said, "just to spite you, I'll have my Mom order 3 for
herself!" and hung up the phone.  By that afternoon, three were in the mail
to my grandma's place.

Last Saturday they arrived.  We called her and asked if we could come by and
get them. She said yes but should there be two boxes.  "TWO???" we thought.
We get there to find that not only the three she ordered were shipped, but
three more were shipped and the invoice was blank!  We checked the credit
card report to find that there was never a charge to my Dad's card.   We got
three for free!

"The best deal on the 10020 ever!"

The End

Hope you enjoyed my absolutely true story.  NO LIES!!!

Jeremy Scott