 Trains / 15881
Re: The Free Super Chiefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:31:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kirby Warden writes:

Sincerely and with all due respect,

Todd

Heh, I know it's a pain to read to the end of a long thread, but in this
case you may want to...

Thanks Kirby! I did read them all before I posted. I decided to fit my
additional comments in around the places where I felt the fit. I do hope this
thread dies down, but it is both a public forum and "permanent" record. There
have been several court cases recently where emails, listserve posts, and
newsgroup postings have been used as evidence in cases for and against the
parties that made the postings.

I realize that LEGO Shop@Home will not probably bother with Jeremy and $120
dollars worth of product. After all they probably lose that much in employee
theft every hour or maybe minute. But it really doesn't excuse the idea that
getting something in the mail for free is free. It's not, and while Jeremy will
profit from LEGO Shop@Home's indifference to this situation, we will all be
paying for it eventually. I would love to have just one day's worth of loss
suffered by the LEGO Group from this sort of thing. I could probably pay off my
student loans and have some left over to purchase LEGO Products with.

Sincerely and mired in student loan debt,

Todd