 Trains / 15896
Re: The Free Super Chiefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 02:59:49 GMT

Let's turn the tables on this one and see how you would feel if...You order
3 SuperCheifs and Lego sends 3 Ninja Mini-Fig Heroes (the one's that are
only $1.99 each).  Is that OK?  Do you keep them and not call them to
correct their mistake?

Or how about if you hadn't ordered any yet, and then you do, and they
confirm the sets are there, they take your order and then call you back 3
days later and say, sorry, our inventory count was incorrect.  We can't ship
you the 3 you ordered and paid for because they can't be found.  So we'll
issue a credit.  Would getting the credit be acceptable with you in that case?

It's this kind of thinking that you sometimes have to do to evaluate if you
are doing the right thing or not.  At least that's what a college professor
suggested to his class that I attended when the issue of "doing what's
right" came up.

In lugnet.trains, Todd Thuma writes:
"Any misunderstanding was purely the other guy's fault." Author (Some one said
this but I can't recall who).

Todd