 Off-Topic / Debate / 15975
Re: The Free Super Chiefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:17:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy Scott writes:

LD is attempting to limit the release of the *Limited Edition* so every one
has a chance to get a unique train. They are planning on releasing a non-LE
version that you can buy a gazillion of if you wish. This I think is very
fair.

Okay then, not fair is that tons of people ordered 20 + right off the bat
before the limit was in place and now I am denied the right to get three more?

Come on.

  First, it's not a "right" but a privilege of opportunity dependent upon
TLC's policies.
  Second, TLC can produce as many or as few as they wish, and they can
impose whatever purchasing limits they care to impose, whenever they care to
impose them.
  Third, if you want three more, wait a while and order three more--the
limit will be lifted when it is in TLC's best interest to do so--if you're
looking to stockpile the so-called "limited edition" sets, see point 5 below.
  Fourth, the fact the tons of people ordered theirs before the limit isn't
"not fair" but is instead simply fortunate for them and tough for you and me.
  Fifth, if you'd wanted 20+ of them, you should have called right off the
bat (ie, strike while the iron's hot).

       Dave!