 Off-Topic / Debate / 16000
Re: The role of ethics (was: The Free Super Chiefs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:15:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Please respect Jeremy's wish to end his part in this debate...

Suzanne,

I don't understand the implications of your note.  As the administrator here
your words have a special gravity that seems to color what might otherwise be a
simple statement.  Do you mean "(I'm the admind and) you are hereby notified
that if you post to this thread again, your posting privileges will be
revoked?"  Or do you mean "(I'm just another poster and) hey, take it easy, he
obviously wants out of this?"  Or something else?

I guess the only reason that I'm asking is that only he has the ability to
withdraw from the debate.  I'm uncomfortable with the notion that I have to opt
out of a discussion because he might feel the need to respond.  If I had made
fewer direct responses and references to his words, would the topic have been
OK?  I started my note intending it to be much more abstract and ended up
mostly just responding to his stuff.

Thanks,

Chris