 Off-Topic / Debate / 16011
16010  |  16012
Subject:
Difference between Admin and Member requests(was: The role of ethics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:27:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Please respect Jeremy's wish to end his part in this debate...

[...]
Do you mean "(I'm the admind and) you are hereby notified that if you
post to this thread again, your posting privileges will be revoked?"

Or do you mean "(I'm just another poster and) hey, take it easy, he
obviously wants out of this?"  Or something  else?

It's just like it looks:
The LUGNET Admin (Suzanne Rich) posted a polite request.

If I had made fewer direct  responses and references to his words,
would the topic have beenOK?

Topic ignored, if your post had not continued direct questioning of Jeremy,
it wouldn't have gotten my attention and resulted in my post, no. But your
doing so a few dozen times was hard for me to miss.

Thanks for complying, BTW.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin

Suz,

What would have been the consequence (if any) had he or others chosen to
ignore your request?

Basically, what is the difference between a request from Suzanne Rich,
LUGNET Admin and Suz, LUGNET Member #2?

Jude

XFUT .admin.general