 General / 48747
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:56:42 GMT

A few minutes ago I stumbled accross this folder:

Following the Up button in the folder thread I also found this:

"vehicles of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues Reichs"

Yes, I'm a lurker, but I decided to throw in my two cents on this considering
I'm fluent in German (and am actually posting from Berlin right now).  For all
you non-German speakers "Vereinigte Staaten" is German for the United States.
Considering the rather low opinions most Europeans have of the US's government
right now, I think it's not so farfetched to assume that this particular
brickshelf user is taking a potshot at the US by creating big war vehicles for
the "United Fascist States of the New Reich".  Although I think it's stupid, I
don't think the moderators should censor it, but I really wish people would
censor themselves before they make fools of themselves, as our friend
messerschmidtf10 has done IMHO.  Not only by posting stupid stuff, but also by
making dumb German grammatical errors in the process.

Anyway, back to lurking.

Jim Dolan