 General / 48741
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler wrote:
But such Nazi-romanticism is not safe for adults at all. Believe me. There are
more than enough idiots in Germany and maybe elsewhere as well who wish back a
"New (German) Reich". But the old German Reich is nothing a reasonable person
would ever romanticise about. Only war-glorifying lunatics and moronic racists
would deny the appaling facts of the gone fascistic German Reich and make fun
about it or portray it in toys. Unless they make an aestheticised statement
_against_ war and fascism that is.

There is a bunch of this kind of thing in .space too.
http://news.lugnet.com/?q=iron+reich

Here are some more questions to ponder:
- are the Brickshelf pics glorifying Nazism, parodying Nazism, or drawing on
the Nazi aesthetic for ideas - or something else?
- is the .space Iron Reich faction glorifying Nazism, parodying Nazism, or
drawing on the Nazi aesthetic for ideas - or something else?
- is it OK to build Nazi inspired models if they are clearly portrayed as the
"bad guys"?
- what about "realistic" models of Focke Wulfs and Panzers festooned with Iron
Crosses and Nazi Swastikas?